Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simple measuring between 2 points like in metatrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple measuring between 2 points like in metatrader?

Hello guys...

Isn't it possible to have the metatrader feature of measuring the time and price between 2 points through simply dragging the mouse from here to there?

Coming from metatrader, I find ninjatrader so cumbersome at measuring different points. Yes, there's the Ruler thing there, but it's too slow and inefficient when you simply want to see fast the distance between 2 points.

Ninjatrader is more attractive than metatrader, but I cannot study at all using ninjatrader, even though it is more flexibile than metatrader in charting.

Hello mshhh,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately the only measuring option available at this time within NinjaTrader 7 is the Ruler Tool. I will however forward this to our development team for future considerations.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It would be great if such a feature would be included.

Is is possible though for me to create an indicator who does this? mouse events etc?

I ask only if it's possible, not how, I will investigate it myself, as I understand you don't give support for these things..

Anyway thanks for your fast reply

Comment

I have talked with our development team and they have confirmed this is possible but would require custom programming.

If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Comment

Thank you

Comment

This feature is a must have for NT7

In MT i press mouse ruler button and i get this crosshair

Comment

Originally posted by Eduard View Post
              This feature is a must have for NT7

In MT i press mouse ruler button and i get this crosshair
              Thank you for your suggestion as well. I have forwarded this to our development team for future considerations.

Comment

you support guys are very friendly. very nice

Comment

How could a developer miss a basic feature like this?
                  This was the first think I noticed using NT.
                  Sorry, but for me this is lack of common sense.....

Comment

Hello heikobear,

This suggestion has been noted & forwarded to our Development Department for further review.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
                    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Additional Request

It would be also useful to have a tool to calculate the midpoint between a high and a low wherever they are in the chart.

To give you just an idea, I'd like to draw an H rotated by 90° with a mid-line in it.

Say I have a significant low some bars ago and a significant high to the right. Pointing the low, and clicking, I would get an horizontal line at that level; then, by dragging the pointer to the high, a second horizontal line would appear at that level too. When the pointer stretches from bottom (or top) to top (or bottom), a third line would also be forming inside the two previous lines, representing the middle line or the 50% of the range formed by the two horizontal lines at the top and the bottom.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

You can actually do this in NinjaTrader already with the Fib Retracement tool.

Simply create your own fib drawing on the high and low and then left click to select it and right click->properties. Only leave is so the 50% line is checked and then right click on this window and select manage templates and save this with teh name Default.

Now all Fib Retracements you draw will be the 50% line your looking for.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Gianpiero View Post
                          It would be also useful to have a tool to calculate the midpoint between a high and a low wherever they are in the chart.

To give you just an idea, I'd like to draw an H rotated by 90° with a mid-line in it.

Say I have a significant low some bars ago and a significant high to the right. Pointing the low, and clicking, I would get an horizontal line at that level; then, by dragging the pointer to the high, a second horizontal line would appear at that level too. When the pointer stretches from bottom (or top) to top (or bottom), a third line would also be forming inside the two previous lines, representing the middle line or the 50% of the range formed by the two horizontal lines at the top and the bottom.
                          You can do that with the existing Fibonacci Retracements tool. Just set the properties as you wish and save it as a template. When you want the lines to display as you have shown, you will change to that template after you put the drawing on.

Comment

Gianpiero

You could also try altering the properties of the regression channel (Ctrl + F10) and set them to measure from high and low rather than a std dev. You can also alter the input price value to use the median or typical rather than the close. Save your settings as the default and it will be pulled up every time you use it.
                            I know it won't give you exactly 50% but you might find a use for it !

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread but we still don't have ruler that simply shows bar count between two points by just clicking and dragging and as you drag bar count changes? For instance if I want to know where the bar is 26 away from one bar I have to guess where that is and click drag click and if I am wrong I have to do click drag click to see the result.

Can someone reply this to this post?
                              Sorry if there is such ruler here and I wasn't able to find it.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post helpwanted  
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes