Indicator Placment - More Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Placment - More Options

Ninjatrader is a great charting platform. That said, the one thing I find lacking is flexibility in where I place indicators. Oscillators can only be placed in sub-graphs (panels below the chart) and only one indicator can be placed per panel. I would like to have the flexibility to place any indicator in the same panel as the price bars and also the flexibility to plot multiple indicators in the same panel (one on top of the other). This will allow more indicators to be placed on a single chart and still be able to have them sized such that they are easy to read.

Is there any possibility of incorporating this into a future build of Ninjatrader?

Thanks,

Steve

You can already place several indicators on the same panel. The problem is you have to make sure they share the same y-axis scaling in order for them to display on top of each other. The only current solution to plotting indicators of different y-axis scaling is to create a custom indicator that uses custom plotting techniques. For an example of these you can refer to my RSI Overlay and Stochastics Overlay in the Indicator section.

I do like the sub-graph idea. It would be nice to to put things above the price panel too.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by stevestrading View Post
      Ninjatrader is a great charting platform. That said, the one thing I find lacking is flexibility in where I place indicators. Oscillators can only be placed in sub-graphs (panels below the chart) and only one indicator can be placed per panel. I would like to have the flexibility to place any indicator in the same panel as the price bars and also the flexibility to plot multiple indicators in the same panel (one on top of the other). This will allow more indicators to be placed on a single chart and still be able to have them sized such that they are easy to read.

Is there any possibility of incorporating this into a future build of Ninjatrader?

Thanks,

Steve
      Multiple scales per panel already is on our list of future enhancements. Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
      19 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Radano
      by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes