Please make charts dockable in a workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please make charts dockable in a workspace

Every other charting package has the chart windows inside a workspace. I follow 6 markets, 2 charts per market, that's 12 windows + the main window = 13 windows on my desktop just for ninjatrader. It takes up my entire taskbar.

TS = 1 window
    Market Delta = 1 window
    Ninja = 13 windows

Please do something about this.

cunparis, thanks for the feedback - this is already on our suggestion list for future consideration.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also have been having the same problem. I was searching the internet and I came across

Download VirtuaWin - Multiple virtual desktops for free. Multiple desktops on a Windows box. VirtuaWin is an application for the Windows user community that misses the wonderful multiple desktop functionality often used on Unix systems. It is simple, reliable and highly configurable, supporting up to 20 virtual desktops.

I haven't tried it yet, but it certainly looks interesting. Maybe you can put NT on its own desktop with this.

Comment

Windows within a workspace is an essential feature that is missing

The lack of this essential feature is the only reason why I have not yet purchased NinjaTrader. I was hoping that Version 7 would finally have all of the NinjaTrader windows within a workspace, but unfortunately this feature does not appear to be a high priority.

Comment

Ninjatrader is the only charting application I'm aware of that forces the windows to float all over the desktop.

I gave up on ninja charting, I'm using Market Delta & Tradestation.

Comment

Multiple Workspace Charting is a critical feature for serious traders.

Mimic Tradestation feature that allows toggling between multiple Workspaces with one mouse click, ie, split second toggling!

Comment

Current treatment of windows is just plain awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoVest View Post
                Mimic Tradestation feature that allows toggling between multiple Workspaces with one mouse click, ie, split second toggling!
                Does this tool not help?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  My current problem is not switching workspaces, it's having ninjatrader windows consume my entire desktop with no way to easily minimize all ninjatrader windows and restore them.

I am trying Dexpot and that helps, I put all ninja windows on a separate desktop. but dexpot is not without its own bugs & flaws too.

Every other charting application has the windows live inside the application, so you minimize the application and you minimimize everything wtih it. Market Delta, Trader Station, Multicharts, etc. Why does Ninja insist on polluting my desktop? I have 15 ninjatrader windows open all the time!!!!

Comment

Hi , I have the same problem, so I began to do my programming homework. The following piece of code hides a chart when not needed, and shows when needed. I'm planning to hide and show a group of charts belonging to the same instrument, I'll post my code when it'll be ready.

I'm not going to give up Ninja !!!

The code, just for the beginning:

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                    {
                    // Use this method for calculating your indicator values. Assign a value to each
                    // plot below by replacing 'Close[0]' with your own formula.
                    // Plot0.Set(Close[0]);
                    if (ShouldBeActive)
                    {
                    ChartControl.ParentForm.Show() ;
                    }
                    if (ShouldBeHidden)
                    {
                    ChartControl.ParentForm.Hide() ;
                    }

}

Comment

....Idea...??

Improvements could be made in this area...but as a possible workaround for now....create a workspace with just the Control Center (minimized maybe)...then use the Global > Next Workspace hot key (Alt + Space works easily here) ...to switch to a minimum NT windows workspace.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoVest View Post
                        This.

Comment

Originally posted by xTrader1 View Post
                          Hi , I have the same problem, so I began to do my programming homework. The following piece of code hides a chart when not needed, and shows when needed. I'm planning to hide and show a group of charts belonging to the same instrument, I'll post my code when it'll be ready.

I'm not going to give up Ninja !!!

The code, just for the beginning:

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                          {
                          // Use this method for calculating your indicator values. Assign a value to each
                          // plot below by replacing 'Close[0]' with your own formula.
                          // Plot0.Set(Close[0]);
                          if (ShouldBeActive)
                          {
                          ChartControl.ParentForm.Show() ;
                          }
                          if (ShouldBeHidden)
                          {
                          ChartControl.ParentForm.Hide() ;
                          }

}

Thanks for posting your code snippet xTrader1, very interesting indeed.
                          I've been trying for quite some time to do exactly what you're doing, I even started a thread about it but nobody came up with a solution so far. I wasn't even aware of the ChartControl.ParentForm.Show() command and you're certainly up to a very promising start with your code.

Here's my question to you (and to the wider community):
                          When enabling the extremely basic strategy posted below, the chart appears on the screen when the condition is met and disappears when it is not, exactly as expected.

if(Close[0]>Open[0])

{
                          ChartControl.ParentForm.Show();

}

if(Close[0]<=Open[0])

{
                          ChartControl.ParentForm.Hide();

}

But, when I integrate the ChartControl.ParentForm.Show() command into my automated strategy, it doesn't work anymore. Any idea why that might be?

Thanks a lot.

Here's the code snippet that draws an arrow under the candle that generated the signal, plays an alert but fails to bring the chart on the screen. (My entry criteria clearly aren't the problem as the arrow is drawn and the alert is played).

if(MyCriteriaHere)

{
                          DrawArrowUp("GreenArrowLong" + CurrentBar, false, 0, Low[0]- 4*(TickSize), Color.Lime);
                          PlaySound("Alert1.wav");
                          ChartControl.ParentForm.Show();
                          }

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post algospoke  
                          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM