Improve the Stop Strategy Dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improve the Stop Strategy Dialog

I'm forever explaining to new traders how to set their Stop Strategies because they get confused by the Stop Strategy Dialog.

1. The columns aren't in the order you need them to be.
    Most people think for "Profit Trigger = x" I want a "Stop Loss of y" which changes every Frequency. Currently that means you need to jump back & forward, setting the Right most field, then the Left & finally the Middle.
    Suggestion 1: Why not change the column order to; Profit Trigger, Stop Loss then Frequency.

2. Currently the Option buttons which specify the number of Steps, happen to coincide with the column labels (Stop Loss, Frequency, Profit Trigger), so many traders are reading this as "1 step Stop Loss", "2 step Frequency" & "3 Step Profit Trigger" thus they get confused on what those options mean.
    (see attached picture of screen mockup: Change Column Order)

Suggestion 2: Be clear that the user is chosing the number of stop steps.
    Either place the Options in line with the Rows. Or use a Dropdown list to chose between 1-3. (see attached picture: Improve Stops Selection)

Suggestion 3: Consider Centering or Right Aligning the numbers in the textboxes.
    That way the values line up or at least more visible.
    (see attached picture: Change Text Alignment)

Suggestion 4: Add a "Save As" Buttion. Few people will think to Right Click in the middle of a Dialog box.

To Other Traders:
    Pls look at the attachements & commont on the UI alternative you like most.

To Ninja Dev Team
    I know you are pushing to release v7. Consider this for a point release, as you are only moving controls around it is unlikely to introduce new bugs.
    Attached Files

Hi David,

Thank you for those suggestions. I have forwarded them to my development team, and they will be considered for inclusion as a future enhancement.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OUTSTANDING David!!!

What a great suggestion! This has to be one of the most difficult interfaces in NT to understand. I like the 2nd interface option that David posted the best. Every time that I look at this interface I keep thinking that the steps are relating to the columns.

Another suggestion - have the ability to attach a custom strategy that was created using script. So once our step conditions have been met, then a scripted strategy can finish it.

Using the right mouse button is intuitive for chart objects. But once you get into the options boxes, using the right mouse button again should be avoided. I cant think of any software that utilizes the right mouse button once you get into a dialog box. A Save As button should be used for saving all templates.

Comment

Hello trade.ripper,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward your comments here on to my development team as well.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes