Thank you for Indicators-Good job guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for Indicators-Good job guys!

I haven't checked out the NT support forum in a while, and I just discovered that a whole bunch of my favorite indicators have been programmed and donated to the NT Forum. (Ray, I hope some of these guys are your employees, because they deserve to be paid for the great work they are doing.) I'm particularly enthused to see the TTM Squeeze and other TTM indicators, and the various TRO indicators.

Somewhere, somehow, there should be more info for the non-programmers among us about the fact that this is available, and how to easily import someone else's indicators in your NT. Maybe a monthly "What's New in NinjaTrader" webinar or email notice?

Meanwhile, thank you, thank you.

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes sense.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

could you please point me to the link for the TTM squeeze indicator?

Thanks!

Comment

This indicator has been removed since its proprietary to Trade The Markets. TTM will have available NinjaTrader based indicators for purchase in the near future.

Comment

Easy setup of indicators.

I am thinking in terms of NON programmers. Would it not be easy for NON programmers to have a GUI interface like the Wizard for creating strategies, to setup some indicators?
          E.g. if I wanted a simple indicator to indicate when there is a hughe change in price and volume between 2 bars, I have to breakout hard code. Nonprogrammers shouldn't have to go through coding to have a Diamond painted on a chart for something like this.

Comment

Hi Richa61416:

Thank you for taking the time to suggest an option for an Indicator Wizard similar to the Strategy Wizard.

We will add this to our list of possible future enhancements to the NT application.

Best regards,
            RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think Ninja Trader is potentially a killer-app except for (IMO) the hurdles for non-programmers. The contributions to the forum are excellent, but there is no substitute for implementing ideas on your own, especially if they are proprietary or if you are bound by non-disclosures to not reveal methods.

The lower the hurdle can be made for those who wish to focus on their trading rather than having to learn C/.net type coding to code more complicated indicators and strategies, the larger the audience will be for NT. (again IMO).

While I admire those who can work effectively in the current environment, I think most would agree that it is a much smaller group than would otherwise be using the software were the coding knowledge requirements not so involved.

Comment

Hi marketmasher,

Thanks for providing us your thoughts.

We have considered and are still considering a UI driven indicator construction. What's held us back is that there is limited amounts of things you can do with a point and click approach to indicator construction. Its possible that people can quickly run into limitations and would be forced to revert to manually programming their ideas.

Either way, its on our list and we will give it consideration.

Comment

Thanks for the reply NinjaTrader_Ray. I am not putting NT down, by the way - I think you guys have done a great job and the forum posters and posts are extremely helpful.

But while I fully understand what you mean about the limits of a UI interface, I was more leaning toward a type of "meta" language that is a bit easier on us non-programmers.

In the pyramid of programming skills, guys/gals who can do C/.net coding are much closer to the top than guys who know languages like those in MetaStock or TradeStation. While it shows a higher level of skill to be higher up that food-chain, it also means the audience is smaller when thought of in terms of accessibility/ease-of-use for the charting platform.

The MetaStock/EL programmer-type audience has been built up over a large number of years and is a large pool of potential users. One charting package (MC) saw that and decided to tap into that pool.

Some enjoy learning a new programming language, while some don't. Some would rather the bulk of their time go to their trading education. You may not need to lower the programming hurdle to point-and-click, but I believe the largest audience is not going to be found at the top of the programmer pyramid.

Best wishes for continued NT success!
                  Last edited by marketmasher; 10-07-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Hi NT:
                    Any news on when TTM indicators will be available for purchase for use on NT ?

thx
                    DG

Comment

You would need to ask TTM. I know they are in testing right now.

Comment

I find it interesting that NT pulled the squeeze code from the forum. Turns out that this concept was pioneered a couple years ago on the TradeStation forum, then "appropriated" by TTM. It's still freely available there (emphasis on free).

Regards.

dwt

Comment

Is this their "squeeze" indicator?:

Comment

Yep, that's it.

If you have access to the TradeStation forums, search there for
                            _BB SQUEEZE.ELD

If it's not identical to the TTM version, the differences are too minor to note, and of course it's in the public domain.

Regards.

dwt

Comment

Other sources for the code are at:

The leading source brandable domain names. Competitive prices. Excellent service. Get your domain name today.

The leading source brandable domain names. Competitive prices. Excellent service. Get your domain name today.

Note: this is not the exact TTM squeeze, but apparently is very close i.e histogram smoothing is not the same as TTM. Based on various posts, this looks an awesome indicater. Would be cool if it was coded up for ninja!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive