Suggested Features for NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested Features for NT

Hi, I have been using ninja for a few years now, and there are a few small features which I think would really make a big difference for making NT an even better platform.

1) Have user definable variables for what constitutes a "winning" or "losing" trade to make trading data analysis more meaningful. In my trading, I often move stops to break-even, or break-even plus one tick to cover commission. While NT may recognize this as a "winning" trade since a profit was made, by my own analytics I would do, and consider it a scratch trade. If ninja had some way to determine "winning trade have a gross profit over 5 ticks, losing trade have a gross loss over 2 ticks" it would make the win/loss ratio's and other data ninja produces much more valuable.

2) Have an option to have the ATM strategy create targets and stops from intended fill point, not actual fill point. For example, if I have a buy stop to enter at 25.50, it gets hit, goes to market, gets a bunch of slippage of lets say 5 ticks, the stop loss and target will be generated around 25.50 as a calculation point, not the original intended fill point. It would be nice to have the option to switch between them, since often the stops I use are meant to be a certain distance away, and I rather take on the additional risk of slippage in my stop size than have a poorly placed stop.

Hope these make sense, thanks!

Hello sacramento343,

Thank you for your post and suggestions. I will forward these to our development team for future considerations to the NinjaTrader platform.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello sacramento343,

I agree with you! your first suggestion really makes sense.
      The winning/losing rate currently has no real sense as long as scratch trades are part
      of the calculation.
      Let's hope the NT team will add this feature soon.

Thanks, David

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your vote. I will let our development team know.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM