Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Suggestions/Wishes for chart properties, layout and tool

Hi,

Below I have written some suggestions and wishes which I think would be important contributions in making the NinjaTrader charting platform the best charting platform there is. I hope you will take all of them into serious consideration.

1. Trend channel with separate options for adding center and quad lines. I really miss the trend channel tool which is in MetaTrader for making solid and accurate trend channels which also sticks to form when changing time frames. With trend line copies this is virtually or completely impossible. The trend channel tool with center and quad lines is even better and a great tool which enhances the perception of how the trend behaves. I have added a picture of what I am thinking about.

2. Option for chart on foreground or indicator in background in indicator settings. I have only exprienced this as available in MetaTrader. As an example, when adding thicker lines on the chart to emphasize bigger picture Fibonacci or S/R-levels it becomes difficult to visually monitor exact price behavior or see the price levels behind the lines. The same is when making moving averages thicker or if there is a cluster of many tools.

3. Make it an option to choose which single drawing tools one wish to have in the tool bar. I have a permanent left arm and neck injury which makes it very tiresome to use the short cuts with left arm all the time. I also think it would make charting a little bit more intuitive.

4. I love the way you have remade the right click menu for drawing tools on the chart. It is much more efficient to use now. I have one important wish though. That is if you can add the "Snap mode" options straight on the right click menu below "Lock" and above "Properties", this without any side menu? The snap mode options are useful for different situations with the different drawing tools, so I end up going back and fourth between the chart and toolbar menu.

5. An option to have time frame buttons in the tool bar and adding the 180 and 240 minutes time frames. Adding the 180 and 240 minutes time frames to the drop down menu would be more important than buttons I think, because if one needs to change to these time frames one do not need to open "Data Series" and type it manually. I especially use 180 minutes.

6. This last one is more like a reminder about making the workspace locked into one single window where the charts have tabs when maximized. Something similar to the "Desktop" in TradeStation. As you know the Windows task bar can be over crowded and chaotic with the random startups of charts with different time frames. The way it is now I have to change the "Data Series" settings for each chart after every new start up to get the right order for a systematic work flow.

I think NinjaTrader is the most elegant charting platform there is with the best look and visual feel of both chart, layout, and elements. To my opinion and needs adding the features mentioned above would make it the ultimate charting platform.

Thanks,
    Laurus12
    Attached Files
    Last edited by laurus12; 08-04-2010, 06:43 PM.

Hello laurus12,

Thank you for your post & feedback.

I have forwarded this post to our Development Department for further review & consideration. NinjaTrader encourages users to forward their suggestions & feedback so keep those ideas coming!

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chip,

Thank you for forwarding my post. I really appreciate it.

I have to make one correction though, that is indicators plotted on the chart itself are off course already in the background. My apologies. But having it as an option in indicators settings could be useful I think.

Thanks,
      Laurus12
      Last edited by laurus12; 08-05-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Hello again,

I think one can disregard the my previous post regarding moving averages and indicators being in the background. Today I for the first time saved a multiple moving average setup template with the GannHiLo indicator on the chart. Now they are all on the foreground of the chart. I do not know what happened, but when opening a new chart without the templates they still stay on the foreground.

Thanks,
        Laurus12

Comment

Hi there...
          How can i put some part of the chart right on the middle...for example i try to watch market profile properly but after i try to see bottom part i have in option only scroll price panel and only then i can see but chart is squizzed and i can`t see letters properly-
          any advise about how can i sort it out....
          Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello Alexman,

Can you send a screenshot of your chart so we have a better idea of what it looks like?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach screenshot in a reply here.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi again..
              I have attached file and the main problem that i can`t look properly what`s at the bottom.....other say can`t put chart nicely right on the middle>>>>>
              Attached Thumbnails
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM