Output Window Not Obvious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output Window Not Obvious

Sometimes when I'm testing I get a lot of windows open and the Output window gets covered up or "lost".

Or, after coming back to my system after taking a break, I try to start up the output window, and "nothing happens". This is because its already open, but obscured.

It would be nice if when one tries to create a new Output window, that it would be popped so it displays on top of other windows if it already exists.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KBJ

Thanks for the suggestion, will add to our list.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This will be implemented with next 6.0.1000.6.

Comment

It's better... thanks.

I notice that the Output window will now be given focus if Tools/OutputWindow is selected, but only if the window was merely hidden.

If instead the output window already exists but was minimized, it is not displayed when Tools/OutputWindow is selected.

Nor is it displayed if the icon on the Strategy Analyzer screen is clicked to create an output window.

Comment

>> I notice that the Output window will now be given focus if Tools/OutputWindow is selected, but only if the window was merely hidden.
          Incorrect. It has focus regardless of hidden (covered by another window) or no.

>> If instead the output window already exists but was minimized, it is not displayed when Tools/OutputWindow is selected.
          This will be changed with next update.

>> Nor is it displayed if the icon on the Strategy Analyzer screen is clicked to create an output window.
          This will be changed with next update.

Thanks for reporting.

Comment

This same deficiency exists in the Tools/EditNinjaScript/Indicators file selection.

By which I mean that if the file is already being edited but is minimized, selecting it to edit again has apparently no effect, as it does not open a new window, nor does it give the current window focus.

This is for version 6.5.1000.4.

It would be nice if you could add this same feature for the Edit Ninjascript file selections, so an existing editor window gets popped and we can see it without having to click on the task bar.

Thanks.

Comment

>> It would be nice if you could add this same feature for the Edit Ninjascript file selections, so an existing editor window gets popped and we can see it without having to click on the task bar.
              Sorry, but this would not make sense, since you could have multiple editors window up, some of them minimized. There is no concept of "there only can be one editor window, show it if called".

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                you could have multiple editors window up, some of them minimized. There is no concept of "there only can be one editor window, show it if called".
                Dierk, I missed your reply on this last year.

Yes, I frequently have more than one editor window open, and this is quite useful, as I cut & paste between editor windows.

However, I find it disconcerting when I click on ControlCenter -> Tools --> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator... then select an existing indicator, click OK and then nothing happens.

If the selected indicator is open in an editor window and it's not minimized, it gets focus and is popped above other windows if it was completely covered up or just partially hidden before.

However, if the selected indicator is open in an editor window which is currently minimized, nothing happens. In this case, I would like to see the window popped above the other windows and selected for input.

Comment

Not sure I follow: "nothing happens" conflicts with "get's focus and is popped above other windows"?!?

NT7 will pop up a minimized editor window as you try to edit the same strategy/indicator again.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                    Not sure I follow: "nothing happens" conflicts with "get's focus and is popped above other windows"?!?

NT7 will pop up a minimized editor window as you try to edit the same strategy/indicator again.
                    Dierk,

The "nothing happens" scenario is only when the window is minimized.

The "gets focus" scenation occurs when the window is not minimized.

Sounds like you've got it handled in NT7, so thanks!

Comment

Thanks for clarification, Yes, NT7 will have that issue resolved.

Comment

And thanks, I see that the popping-up of a minimized editor window does indeed work in V7.

And additional thanks for the fix/implementation of popping up the Output Window when it's selected from the ControlCenter -> Tools -> OutputWindow entry, and when pressing the Open Output Window button in the Stragegy Analyzer.

But, an additional area where it doesn't work is when the Output Window button is pressed in either the Strategy or Indicator Editors...

It seems I can press on this button as much as I want and the Output window will not be shown if it is either obscured by another window or if it is minimized.

Please do your magic to jump the Output Window to the top of the pile if it's already been created but is hidden or minimized.

Thanks.

Originally posted by KBJ View Post
                        Sometimes when I'm testing I get a lot of windows open and the Output window gets covered up or "lost".

Or, after coming back to my system after taking a break, I try to start up the output window, and "nothing happens". This is because its already open, but obscured.

It would be nice if when one tries to create a new Output window, that it would be popped so it displays on top of other windows if it already exists.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post yertle
                        by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        2 responses