These NT Design Flaws Make IT Worthless in Fast Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These NT Design Flaws Make IT Worthless in Fast Markets

The problems that I reported here make NT worthless to me in fast markets like we are having now.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2799

Market gets fast then Pats connection lost so have to shut down NT. On restart NT can't verify license so won't allow Pats connection. Have to wait for NT to start completely so I can shutdown and try again only to get same license fails to verify message. I loop in discust.

Why can't you fix this NOW?

Jim Walker

Sorry Jim,

- Pats dropping of connection is not dependant on NT, there is a heartbeat monitor in the Patsystems DLL that communicates with the server you are connected to. If this heartbeat stops, it informs NT at which time we inform you of the disconnect

- Patsystems DLL unfortunately does not allow a subsequent connection after a full disconnect and thus NT must be restarted

- We did not have any reports of license server failures and I just checked that they are operational.

Its possible that the disconnect and license server failures may be the result of a temporary ISP glitch you had?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

I do not believe that NT is the cause of the dropped connection. It is NT's response to a dropped connection that is the problem. After the lost connection I can not enter, change, or delete orders, and my charts and DOMs are not updated. When I notice that the connection is lost all I can do is restart NT. Why can't NT restart on lost connection if the Patssystem DLL makes that the only available option?

Why does NT force me to wait for a full restart of NT when its license can not be verified? I offered a more reasonable action for NT when I first reported the problem.

Combining the two above questions -- Why can't NT restart without license verification when Pats connection lost? NT knows that I verified earlier or I would not be using Pats in the first place.

My boodpressure is coming down. Hope my tone has not been harsh. I love your product.

Jim Walker

Comment

Jim,

If we could change it we would but the limitation on disconnect/reconnects are in the Patsystems DLL which is outside of our control. I understand your frustration and if I could make it better, I surely would.

Comment

Ray,

In my question "Why can't NT restart on lost connection if the Patssystem DLL makes that the only available option?"" the words "restart on lost connection" refer to stopping and automatically restarting NT, not stopping and restarting the Pats connection.

Comment

NT does try to restart (continuously) on a connection loss. If its able to connect again, it will let you know.

Comment

Does that mean that if am notified of "Connection Lost", then if I do nothing NT will keep trying to reconnect as long as it takes to reconnect?

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim W. View Post
                  Market gets fast then Pats connection lost so have to shut down NT.
                  Hi Jim,

I was thinking of opening a Pats system based account. After your comments I'm not so sure, I was wondering if assuming your ISP connection is always good, does this 'fast market' problem still manifest itself often?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Gumphrie View Post
                    Hi Jim,

I was thinking of opening a Pats system based account. After your comments I'm not so sure, I was wondering if assuming your ISP connection is always good, does this 'fast market' problem still manifest itself often?

Thx
                    Gumphrie

I had the lost Pats system connection problem again today. If the problem were with Pats system, many would be speaking up here. I am going to try tomorrow with a different ISP (I have both cable and DSL). NT is the only thing running on the system that has the problem. Another computer on my network is running eSignal on same cable ISP as NT and can still connect to the internet while connection is lost.

Ray's explaination that NT kept trying to reconnect made me wait an hour today, but it could not reconnect. Rebooting the computer allowed me to start NT and connect immediately.

Am thinking of swapping my NIC card. Will reseat my NIC and check all connections tonight. If that doesn't work will try my DSL connection for NT.

I am a satisfied NT and Patsystem customer with a problem that is probably not caused by either. Will post when I get to the bottom of this.

Jim

Comment

A cable tv service tech was out Wednesday morning. He replaced the four cable connectors and splitter where the signals (2 tv and 1 internet) enter my home. He then replaced the connector for my cable service in the pod in the front yard. He did not do anything else and nothing was changed inside my home.

Checking the old connectors showed that moisture had created a patina on the copper conductors that he removed. The new connectors have two rubber seals that keep moisture out of the connection.

I did not experience any Pats disconnects Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, although my transfer speeds are about the same.
                      Last edited by Jim W.; 10-06-2007, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back. Hopefully this was the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Javierw.ok  
                        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes