Stops/Targets calculated by %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stops/Targets calculated by %

I've been using NT for a couple of weeks now, congratulations on a very intuitive product.

I trade equities and calculate my profit and stop targets as a % change from my intended entry. For example, say I intend to enter at 24.89, my stop is 24.64 (-1%), my t1 is 25.39 (+2%) and t2 is 25.64 (+3%).

I have been using the BEW in price mode; calculating thevalues thenentering the target and stops manually. what has been happening at times is that the pricei get filled and my intended entry is different, Ithen have to go in and adjust everything manually. This can be especially cumbersome in the first hour or when I am scalling in, seeing has I have to tab back to an excel sheet to recalculate everything, then go back to NT to make adjustments.

Could you please consider the option to set stops and targets by % change for future versions of NT? This way users could create position strategies that calculate all the targets neccessary without having to enter it manually, a proccess that is prone for errors in fast moving markets.

Ifigure thiswon't help futures traders much (since stop/tgts are based on ticks)but I am sure it willhelp the equity traders -as well as attract more of them to your product.

Thanks for you consideration.

imported post

Already added for V5. You have the option for setting a "Parameter Type" to either:

- Currency
    - Percent
    You can also display the P&L in either of those three options.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Excellent!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes