Instrument Alert System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Alert System

First off NinjaTrader is a great piece of software, it's well designed and also coded.

One feature that I find a litte bit cumbersome is the alert system.
    For me defining an alert for a specific instrument when it breaks a certain level is more important than by adding alerts to colums in the market analyzer window.

I prefer the way QT handles this but overall NT is the superior product.
    E.g. I am still getting alerts although my market analyzer window is closed, dunno which ones are active and can't edit them directly.

It's not the most important thing, but for me it would be a significant improvement.

Thanks a lot for the awesome software.

Thanks for your post.

We have on our list for next year to look at ways to improve the alerting capabilities. Thanks for raising this as an issue.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray, i'm looking forward to the improved capabilities.

With the current system i can achieve what i want to do, it is just a little bit too complex for my taste. There is probably no easier way to do it and still preserve its flexibility. It's just my style that i like to move simple price alerts often which makes it a little bit less ideal.

I'd be happy if i could edit the triggered alert from the alerts log window, that would make things easier and keep the current system intact.

Cheers

Comment

The PriceAlert indicator is almost perfect for what i would like to do.

Unfortunately it doesn't play sound files, and changing its value will reset the volume profile.
        Being able to set above and below price with a rearm time would also be great.

It would be ideal if the alert line on the chart could be dragged around and the price level would be adjusted automatically.

I might give tweaking the indicator a shot if dynamically changing its value by dragging or reading the price level from a file with a timer event is possible.

Comment

I coded a custom indicator which reads its configuration from a file. The result is here.

Dragging the lines would have been a lot nicer, but i suppose it's not possible.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kujista
          by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes