Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divergence indicator

Greetings,
    Does anyone have a divergence indicator for use on any indicator i.e.macdbb,cci,stoistic, using optional different mvg avg based on optional high,low,open,close,median paramenters..Viewed tazatek website, but they seem they don't offer their divergence indicator anymore. Thanks!!

I have wanted something like this for so long!
    I used to have esignal and they had an indicator that had a number of settings and would draw lines on price and a lower panel of the macD or whatever. It meant I didnt have to be always manually checking.
    raycam

Comment

Hi raycam,
      Originally posted by raycam View Post
      I have wanted something like this for so long!
      I used to have esignal and they had an indicator that had a number of settings and would draw lines on price and a lower panel of the macD or whatever. It meant I didnt have to be always manually checking.
      raycam
      If I understand you correctly, you mean something like the d3spotter indicator? ( http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&keys=1&ents=1 )

Regards,

Comment

I have that one but it tend s to not draw lines anywhere on my charts- only yellow dots!
        Are you familiar with the indicator? Perhaps I have a parameter wrong or something?
        Thanks for getting back to me
        raycam

Comment

there's some nice ones in metatrader language but unfortunately nobody seems to be able to convert them into ninjatarder language.

Comment

I have that one but it tend s to not draw lines anywhere on my charts- only yellow dots!
            Are you familiar with the indicator? Perhaps I have a parameter wrong or something?
            Thanks for getting back to me
            raycam
            Ah you're correct. I was thinking incorrectly about the indicator for NinjaTrader 6.5, which does draw the lines you are referring to.

The indicator for version 7.0 does not plot the lines when signaling an divergence. It is possible to make this work with a slight modification of the code:
            Open the file 'D3SpotterV2' in the NinjaScript Editor,
            Comment the line number 368, line number 389, line 450, and line 467.
            Save the file and compile.

This will let the indicator plot the lines when an divergence is found. (See attached screen).

Alternatively, you can download the D3SpotterV2 file (see attachment) and:
            1. place it in your C:\Users\USER\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder,
            2. Open any indicator in NinjaTrader (through Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator..)
            3. Click on the Compile button in the top of the NinjaScript Editor window.

Good luck!

Regards,
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks J_O_S, Thanks for your detailed answer to my problem.
              I don't know how to "comment" a line.
              I can get as far as opening the relevant indicator in "edit indicators" and scan down to whatever line.

Unfortunately when I try the alternate way I get an error-
              The name "z20090712LaguerreECO" does not exist in the current context.
              Is that an indicator that already needed to have on my system for this one to work?

Thanks
              raycam

Comment

Hi Raycam,

Thanks J_O_S, Thanks for your detailed answer to my problem.
                I don't know how to "comment" a line.
                I can get as far as opening the relevant indicator in "edit indicators" and scan down to whatever line.

Unfortunately when I try the alternate way I get an error-
                The name "z20090712LaguerreECO" does not exist in the current context.
                Is that an indicator that already needed to have on my system for this one to work?

Thanks
                raycam
                The LaguerreECO indicator is included in the D3Spotter download as far as I know. Please use the attached version to this post, which has removed the references to the LaguerreECO indicator and thus should work without the errors.

Good luck!

Regards,
                Attached Files

Comment

YES, YES, YES!!!
                  Thanks so much...
                  IT WORKS!
                  raycam

Comment

Glad I could help.

Comment

Variables

J_o_s.

I installed this indicator and it works great on one PC. When I added it to my indicators folder on another PC I get the following errors when I try to compile it. Any help getting this resolved would be much appreciated.

Indicator\D3SpotterV2.cs The name 'SMI' does not exist in the current context CS0103 - click for info 224 18
                      Indicator\D3SpotterV2.cs The name 'DerivativeOscillator' does not exist in the current context CS0103 - click for info 229 18

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jbirchall,

Looks like the NinjaTrader on the other pc doesn't have the SMI and DerivateOscillator in its indicators folder. Does it work when you copy these from the PC (on which the Divergence Indicator works) to the PC which gives you the error?

Good luck!

Regards,

Comment

Thanks

J_o_s.

Thanks for the reply. That was it. I had just figured it out and was coming back to tell you to disregard my post.

Nice Indicator thought. Is there a way to get arrows drawn on a momentum indicator when it crosses 0 either way? It seems that when the D3Spotter draws an arrow that lines up with momentum crossing 0 its a higher percentage trade in that direction.

Thanks again.

Comment

Auto trading using D3SpotterV2

Originally posted by J_o_s View Post
                            Ah you're correct. I was thinking incorrectly about the indicator for NinjaTrader 6.5, which does draw the lines you are referring to.

The indicator for version 7.0 does not plot the lines when signaling an divergence. It is possible to make this work with a slight modification of the code:
                            Open the file 'D3SpotterV2' in the NinjaScript Editor,
                            Comment the line number 368, line number 389, line 450, and line 467.
                            Save the file and compile.

This will let the indicator plot the lines when an divergence is found. (See attached screen).

Alternatively, you can download the D3SpotterV2 file (see attachment) and:
                            1. place it in your C:\Users\USER\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder,
                            2. Open any indicator in NinjaTrader (through Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator..)
                            3. Click on the Compile button in the top of the NinjaScript Editor window.

Good luck!

Regards,
                            Great job J_o_b!! I can see this indicator on the chart like an oscillator. But I intend to use this for auto trading. Can you assist?>

Comment

Compiler error -D3SpotterV2 on NT7

You are just great J-o-s, what can I say?

Well, I am using NT7. I have the following queries though.(i) I see D3SpotterV2 as an oscillator on the chart but when I compile this indicator, I get error messages like 'The name 'Drawing2D' does not exist - error code CS0103. See attached error file (ii) When I use this indicator in the condition builder, the color Dark Magneta goes blank. (iii) What condition in the property box must satisfy to be able to place buy/sell order for auto trading purposes.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes