Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J_o_s View Post
    Hi Jbirchall,

Looks like the NinjaTrader on the other pc doesn't have the SMI and DerivateOscillator in its indicators folder. Does it work when you copy these from the PC (on which the Divergence Indicator works) to the PC which gives you the error?

Good luck!

Regards,
    Hi, hope you guys are still out there. I'd love to use this indicator but I also get the error messages that there are no SMI and DerivateOscillators. Any ideas how I can fix this, unlike the Jbirchall I don't have another PC with these on.

Comment

how to remove an installed indicator?

I just downloaded this indicator on my NT7 and didn't get any plot lines. just yellow dots. I commented the lines as suggested in a previous post and the code wouldn't compile at all. Went back and uncommented and still won't compile. now I can't import any other indicators because it's waiting for me to fix these errors. Can anyone tell me how to remove an indicator once it has been imported?

i found this indicator to be frustrating to use. it never worked and I still have yet to see anyone suggest a workable solution to get this indicator working properly. AT the moment, I'd rather give up and remove it but don't know how.

Comment

Originally posted by ShruggedAtlas View Post
        I just downloaded this indicator on my NT7 and didn't get any plot lines. just yellow dots. I commented the lines as suggested in a previous post and the code wouldn't compile at all. Went back and uncommented and still won't compile. now I can't import any other indicators because it's waiting for me to fix these errors. Can anyone tell me how to remove an indicator once it has been imported?

i found this indicator to be frustrating to use. it never worked and I still have yet to see anyone suggest a workable solution to get this indicator working properly. AT the moment, I'd rather give up and remove it but don't know how.
        Sorry to hear, you can exit NT7 and then go to the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder and directly delete the offending cs source file from your install - then restart NT7 and recompile your present scripts in the editor.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The edits I made to the divergence spotter has messed up all my indicators now :-(

I can't compile anything now. those simple edits I made to that divergence spotter indicator have now messed everything up. I only commented a few lines from that indicator and ever since doing that, it's all screwed up! geesh

Anyway, even my simplest indicators won't compile. See the included screenshot.

I just noticed that the instructions on the last post didn't work. I deleted the file..it isn't there anymore....yet it is still showing up in my list of indicators! grrrrr how is that possible
          Attached Files

Comment

In that case please do the following :

1. Remove the offending script as discussed prior
            2. Repair your current NT7R9 install from here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Then you should be able to compile again normally.

Comment

it won't allow me to install because it says i need to uninstall my previous version. if I do that I'll lose everything! indicators, strategies, workspaces etc

the link you gave me was basically to reinstall NT - is that what i'm supposed to do? how do I save all my work?

There is a repair option when i use the windows programs and features. when i tried that option it couldn't find the 'resource' which I assume is an installation package.
              Last edited by ShruggedAtlas; 04-04-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Yes, that can happen if software like for example CCleaner cleaned up the installation package tmp files. Can you proceed with the uninstall without issue? If you don't touch the NT7 folder under Documents it will leave your custom files in place.

Comment

thats good news! I'll proced with the uninstall first. you're right...i do use cccleaner...so i'll go ahead with the reinstall...if it won't delete all my work from my NT7 folder in my documents. I'll report back when i'm done. thx!

Comment

ok the re-installation went OK. unfortunately, even though i can now compile my old strategies and indicators without incident, D3SpotterV2 still shows up in my indicator list...even though i've deleted it from bin/custom/indicator folder. odd i guess it's not the end of the world to have it there but it'd be nice to actually see indicators disappear from the list when I actually delete the cs file. very strange

Comment

it does not show up in the 'edit indicator' box which lists all my indicators when i'm trying to select an indicator to edit....however, when I right click on a chart to put an indicator on it....it still shows up on that list. very bizarre!

Comment

Ok i'm wrong...it did a minute ago...now it's not lol....i think we finally got it. Thx!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShruggedAtlas View Post
                          Ok i'm wrong...it did a minute ago...now it's not lol....i think we finally got it. Thx!!!
                          Glad to hear, yes it would be removed after you've compiled once more then.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes