Performance Data Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Data Tab

Let me begin by saying that I am delighted with NinjaTrader. I am increasingly impressed with the flexibility and power the platform has. I want to thank and congratulate everyone who has had a part in its creation and improvement.

I have one question related to the performance tab and it is quite possible that I am simply not finding the correct option area for its configuration. My question has to do with the bottom axis of the graph. No matter how I try to generate a performance graph, the bottom axis is always date with the smallest time increment being a day. This does not provide the intraday drawdown resolution I am looking for.

I know it is likely that there is an area where I can select the axis for this (either number of trades or 15 minutes or 30, 60 min etc.). Is this the case? You seem to have thought of everything else for this software.

Thanks again for everything,

Learning1

Hi Learning1,

Thank you for taking the time to write your nice comments about our software.

We currently don't have a minute selection available in the Graphs section of the Performance tab. We do however have the number of Trades available. In Graphs click on the 'Graph' drop down and select 'Trades Profit/Loss'. This should show all individual trades.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations.

Have a great day and Happy Trading!!

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Vince.

From what I can tell though, this is showing the profit/loss of each individual trade. It is not showing the cumulative profit/loss of the strategy/strategies on a trade by trade basis.

In many platforms (Tradestation is the one I am most familiar with) one can see the cumulative performance of the strategies on a chart on a trade by trade basis, or other timeframes.

It seems that the cumulated profit dropdown in the Graphs tab of the Performance Tab shows the cumulative profit/loss, but the only resolution available is daily. This does not enable the ability to see what is happenning in the strategy / strategies intraday. Am I missing another setting somewhere?

Comment

Performance Tab shows performance data at an account level. With NT 6.5, we will have the ability to show performance data at a NinjaScript strategy level.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is good to know that we will be able to view performance at a strategy level. This is helpful.

Is there any chance it may also be possible to view cumulative performance at a resolution greater than daily (trade by trade or minute)? If a strategy is trading a number of times a day, the drawdown can send a very different picture about the strategy than just the end result on the day.

Comment

Higher granularity is on our list for future possible enhancements.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Guys - this will help an already fantastic product to become even stronger. Please keep up the brilliant work.

Learning1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes