Traders vs Programmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traders vs Programmers

just wondering how many of the ninja trader employee's are traders? the main ideology seem to be of non-traders, as the suggested useage is highly nonfunctional for trading. altho we both have the same goal to have ninjatrader as a trading platform. the avenue to get there is vastly different. one is "form over function" and the other is "form as function". so again i wonder how many traders are working at NT.

There are quite a few traders including myself at NinjaTrader.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jupiejupe View Post
      just wondering how many of the ninja trader employee's are traders? the main ideology seem to be of non-traders, as the suggested useage is highly nonfunctional for trading. altho we both have the same goal to have ninjatrader as a trading platform. the avenue to get there is vastly different. one is "form over function" and the other is "form as function". so again i wonder how many traders are working at NT.
      That sounds like gobbledy gook to me. Can you give concrete examples of particular instances to better illustrate what you mean when you say "form over function" or "form as function" as it relates directly to the Ninjatrader platform?

Comment

sure quick off the top of my head.

indicators:
        indicators on charts dialoge box. the list of indicator grouping is unchangeable, if i want to change the order i have to delete all of the indicators below that point and then add them back after.

data series:
        multiple times frames in data series, the order of the list. when i add indicators to this chart, as assign them to a data series it is in data series list order, it i than delete a data series without deleting the indicator first NT will freeze. if i change the order of the data series list i than have to change the time series in the indicator as well.

personalization of work space and time displayed on charts:
        when a chart is zoomed in or out the bar width and x axis do not return to same width and size displayed. also changes when switching bewteen workspaces.

workspaces not linking to instruments.

no multiple monitor workspace

one workspace open at a time

these off the top of my head are all things a trader would demand as key importance as a programmer who does not trade could care less. there are more issues between these two points view that make me wonder. also the people working the forum seem to only understand NT from a application stand point and not the reason behind the issues traders try to solve.

Comment

Thank you for that, I hope the fixes for those can be incorporated.

I am kind of shocked that there are no multiple monitor workspaces.

I am also amazed that say the last 3 chart types used aren't sticked at the top of "new chart" instead of having to type in 233-tick or 9-range everytime.

The same thing would be great for adding indicators to a chart also, showing the last three used on previous charts at the very top of the indicator list, then the whole list would be a great time saver.
          Last edited by RDPoS; 11-24-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

no worries, despite the tone of my posts i do really like the ninja trader program, the issues i find with it are small ones to the overall awesomeness of what they have done, but these minor issues and some others upset the personal bond traders have with the program itself, and then coming to the forum for a solve only makes it more lame because if you know how to use NT and are looking for a deeper understanding they only parrot back the help selection and we sent this issue to the developer to concerned for some time in the future when you no longer care.

Comment

Hi, what kind of multiple monitor workspace are you referring to? A workspace can cover all monitors being used. If you mean something like having three workspaces open at once and one on each of three monitors, I would like that feature also.

Dan

Edit:
              Hmmm, I just saw the other thread. Looks like the suggestion is already submitted.
              Last edited by eDanny; 11-24-2010, 06:16 PM.
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

yeah i want that too, i do not need the same workspace on multiple monitors

Comment

indicator list

indicators:
                  indicators on charts dialoge box. the list of indicator grouping is unchangeable, if i want to change the order i have to delete all of the indicators below that point and then add them back after.
                  If you mean change the panel order - I assume you know how to do that without deleting (just change the panel no in the dialogue box)?
                  If you mean the list order I agree it is a little frustrating but simply get it how you want it and then save as a template.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                    If you mean the list order I agree it is a little frustrating but simply get it how you want it and then save as a template.
                    and after you have the prefect chart layout, and the list is in order by groups. then you decide to change two indicators types after further study, in order to have the list grouped by function, type, or propose. having to recreate the list in order is totally unacceptable. it's a two fold issue, one the logic is list based, the order would not matter. then the list (data series or indicator used) would not need to be frozen. but i am not a programmer and barely know the details of what i am suggesting i just know it the way lists are used either in order or by function, but not having dynamic list of data series and indicator setting is unacceptable.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Tim-c
                    by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes