Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Workspaces simplification & Panels (Horizontal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces simplification & Panels (Horizontal)

Hi,

I use a few different instruments to trade, and each instrument requires about 12 charts for my screens at one time. So for instance, I trade ES, it requires 12, if I change it to TF, that requires 12 etc..

I like to review multiple timeframes on the multiple instruments and I switch back-n-forth between them. In Tradestation the charts were all controlled by a 'desktop' and workgroup, so I could easily flip through tabs to control the windows.

However, in NT, I am limited and each window pops up at different areas so I have to search for each window on windows taskbar as they are identified first with the instrument and the date of that instrument vice the timeframe.

For instance, I will have a 6 different tick charts, and I have to go on a search each time I open up NT7 as it will reorder them each time! VERY FRUSTRATING so I have to guess and search and guess and search.

So, what I have done is to create multiple charts within 1 chart. However, the panels only go vertically and the horizontal scaling is 'shared' of course which makes it impossible on different time frames.

SO HERE ARE MY RECOMMENDATIONS:

1. Enable charts to create Panels in vertical and horizontal positions. For instance, to be able to put 2 instruments in one chart and put them side-by-side since most resolution for computer screens along with their typical dimensions tend to be wide-screen not tall-screen.

2. On the control center, have a tab on the bottom left that enables you to quickly move from one open workspace to another. It takes way to long to go to file --> Workspaces --> Open Workspace --> WORKSPACE_NAME (4 steps!)

If you could enable side-by-side charting within the same window also with the faster workspace tabs, then I think you would have a much better product. It is already great though.

Oh, one more thing. It is great now that we can drag vertically on a chart, but why force us to only do it after pressing the control key and on the scale? Seems like another inefficiency.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by bluemele; 11-28-2010, 09:50 AM.

Hello bluemele,

Thank you for your post.

One method you can try would be to configure all your charts for each symbol in custom workspaces. Then you can cycle through these by using the keyboard short-cut [Shift + F3]. This would eliminate having to locate one or more individual charts that you mentioned. Please also see the following resource for Managing Workspaces in NinjaTrader 7:

I will forward your recommendations to our Development Department for further review & consideration. NinjaTrader encourages users to forward their suggestions & feedback so keep those ideas coming!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip,

Great, thanks for the assistance and guidance on the SHIFT+F3. I didn't know. And, this will help immensely.

It would be great to create 'windows' to hold multiple charts within. This would be a wonderous help for me.

aloha,

Comment

Hello bluemele,

Glad that was helpful. I will pass that other item along as well.

Have a good one!
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1 for next release

Comment

Another vote

I would like to add my vote for adding this essential feature in future releases..better ability to group charts into desktops and workspaces tabs like Tradestation or BestDirect

Comment

I have forwarded your votes to support such functionality in a future version. Thank you for your feedback.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The suggestion to support workspaces similar to TradeStation is assigned to ID# 424
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi folks, I also request the same idea for the NT team, and it has been assigned ID #551 for tracking.

They are nice people, and I do believe they will listen to their clients; As many people are complaining about the way NT workspace works... I have seen people complaining about it on Elite Trade forum and Big Mike forum...

I really think they will listen to us and will do the necessary changes on the next major update, also because they need to be ahead of the competition...

The only problem is we do not know when the next major update will come.

Regards,

F

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ender_wiggum  
                  Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                  4 responses