eSignal CME Fee Waiver Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal CME Fee Waiver Support

When can we expect Ninja 7 support for the eSignal symbols eligible for the CME Fee waiver program?

Some already work like the ES, NQ, 6E, etc.

The ones that need support use the CME Globex format as the symbol.
    For example for Crude CL F1=1

Others like Gold, Silver, etc are the same.

Thanks,

bigtee

Hello bigtee,

Thank you for your post.

This is on my development team's list of future considerations for the software, but there is no ETA for implementation at this time.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
      Has this issue been fixed? Is there a way to show Crude, Gold, Silver etc in Ninja using eSignal data feed with the CL #F=1 symbol?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello shadowfax,

Unfortunately, this limitation continues to apply - NinjaTrader cannot load the fee-waived data due to the '=1' portion of the symbol's mapping.

Comment

Kyle,
          can you please give us a tracking number for this upgrade?
          It should be pretty simple to map for a good programmer.

While you are at it, consider adding the capability for "=2" also.
          That suffix gives just RTH data.

bigtee

Comment

Hi bigtee,

744 would be the number for this request - I'll ask that they tack the '=2' mapping on to that request as well.

Comment

Thank you!

How do we view status on items with a tracking number? I have another one to watch as well.

bigtee

Comment

Hi bigtee,

All you'd need to do is write in to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com requesting an update.

Comment

Thanks....

will do

bigtee

Comment

Any status update?
                    Does NT new release supports eSignal fee waiver with the "=1"?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Karish,

This feature remains on development's list of future considerations, but there is still not any word on if or when this type of change would be implemented.

Comment

thanks for the prompt reply

Comment

Almost 2 years now and you're not fixing this problem. A beginning programmer fresh out of college could fix this simple bug in not accepting "=1" after symbols like CL #F=1 or CL V2=1. You haven't fixed this because you don't think you can make money off of it.

And you would be wrong. I've been using eSignal for 9 years and have 1 month to go before another year's renewal. I was just starting to port my indicators over to NT 7 when I found that I couldn't pull up range, tick and volume charts on the CL with the eSignal Fee Waiver data.

Here's what you lose:

1. Converting my free NT 7 version over to a $995 lifetime license.
                          2. $600/yr for an annual Kinetic data feed.

I'm just one revenue stream. Who knows how many others you're not getting because of one simple bug you won't fix going on 2 years.

It may not be a big deal to you but I trade the CL for a livelihood. It doesn't matter if you're cheaper than eSignal. A lack of foresight on your company's part like this does not give me a high level of confidence to hitch my wagon to your future.
                          Last edited by hygm; 09-02-2012, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hygm View Post
                            Almost 2 years now and you're not fixing this problem. A beginning programmer fresh out of college could fix this simple bug in not accepting "=1" after symbols like CL #F=1 or CL V2=1. You haven't fixed this because you don't think you can make money off of it.

And you would be wrong. I've been using eSignal for 9 years and have 1 month to go before another year's renewal. I was just starting to port my indicators over to NT 7 when I found that I couldn't pull up range, tick and volume charts on the CL with the eSignal Fee Waiver data.

Here's what you lose:

1. Converting my free NT 7 version over to a $995 lifetime license.
                            2. $600/yr for an annual Kinetic data feed.

I'm just one revenue stream. Who knows how many others you're not getting because of one simple bug you won't fix going on 2 years.

It may not be a big deal to you but I trade the CL for a livelihood. It doesn't matter if you're cheaper than eSignal. A lack of foresight on your company's part like this does not give me a high level of confidence to hitch my wagon to your future.
                            Maybe I'm missing something here, but if you were going to subscribe to Kinetick anyway, why would you need an eSignal feed?

Comment

You're missing that I have to port personal studies over to NT and that takes time. I need to compare the port using the same data first to verify that the conversions are correct.

Besides, I'm the potential customer giving a company a guaranteed revenue stream. I am protecting my own interests by not winding up breaking my studies simply because NT is cheaper than eSignal after the 1st year.

They should be bending over backwards to ensure a smooth transition from other platforms by helping to reduce their potential customers' investment risks (i.e., their "stuff" working on another platform). Look at this way also. If they won't fix a junior programmer level bug fix for *two years*, then once I'm locked into their platform, what other can of worms am I going to run into? Just because you think everything is great with what you do doesn't guarantee the same experience for me.

It's simple. Fix the bug and you get my revenue stream. Don't fix it and don't get the money. It's no skin off my nose. In this case, it's better to stay with the devil I know than the one I don't.

This is what happens when a company gets complacent. I'm not picking on NT. eSignal is super complacent as well.
                              Last edited by hygm; 09-22-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post maybeimnotrader