closing price on dom not equal closing price on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing price on dom not equal closing price on chart

i have been advised this is a new "feature" in nt 7; and in order for this not to happen you have to use 24/7 charting -- this option is not acceptable as you end up with about 10 hours of empty chart!!! thus making it difficult to view afternoon prices with evening prices and the next days morning prices all in the same chart at a glance - as you can without the use of 24/7 charting -- please put things to how they were before - in this case it is NOT an improvement but an inconvenience

Hello anniebee,

It can occur that the 'last price' reflected in the SuperDOM, Control Center-->Orders-tab, Basic Entry window are the same, but not in the chart.

Likely, you have a session template selected in the chart that does not include the current time. Thus it does not reflect the same 'last price'. To solve such an issue, you will need to ensure that the session template you have selected does not exclude the current time.

The easiest way would be selecting the 'Default 24/7' session template, since it does not exclude any time.

However, you can create custom session templates in the Session Manager to only reflect data for the times you like. Please see the link below for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello jason,

the 24/7 chart would leave me with 10 hours worth of empty chart ie from 9:04 when fgbl closes
      to 7am when it opens -- for this reason i use the obvious choice "use instrument settings" as the
      default setting for chart template -- i have never had dom and chart price disagree on closing
      price before in nt6.5??? does "use instrument setting" "not include the current time"????

i should not need a workaround to get something as basic and fundamental as the days closing price!

Comment

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highight the instrument in question and click Edit. You can now view what session template is used.

Subsequently go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. You can now see what times are used by the session template.

By default, the FGBL instrument uses the 'Eurex Fixed Income Futures' session template, which runs from 8 AM to 10 PM GMT +1.

It will exclude data between 10 PM to 8 AM the next day.

Do you currently still see a discrepancy between the chart and SuperDOM?

Comment

"By default, the FGBL instrument uses the 'Eurex Fixed Income Futures' session template, which runs from 8 AM to 10 PM GMT +1."

therefore i should not be seeing a discrepancy in chart and dom
          ann

Comment

So currently you still display a discrepancy? Can you please check if 'End date' is set to today's date in the Data Series menu of the chart.

Could it be the chart and SuperDOM lists different expiry months as per the FGBL - FGBL 12-10 and FGBL 03-11?

When I test it on my end prices are the same.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
            3 responses