Color selectable Wick and Candle outline for Up and Down Candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color selectable Wick and Candle outline for Up and Down Candles

I can't understand why candles on NT are so ugly... the wicks aren't even centered on the candle.

One improvement would be to make color of wick and candle outline selectable for up and down candles... so you can have a red outline on a down candle and a green outline on an up candle... same for wick.

Hello Crassius,

The wicks are centered on price bars on my end. What screen resolution do yo have setup as per the monitor you used? Please note that a minimum resolution of 1024 X 768 is required.

I will forward your suggestion as per the selectable wick to Development to put it on the list of future considerations of the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Resolution is 1680 X 1050.

Attached is a picture of off center wicks... especially bad on green up up candles on left, but you can see to continues in a real ugly... "I need braces" kinda way.

Ugly Ugly Ugly
      Attached Files

Comment

Crassius,

If you were to open a new chart with the template set to '<None>' so that only the default NinjaTrader chart settings load, would you see the same issue?

If you do not, can you tell me what indicators the chart you posted an image of uses?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Three Comparison Screenshots

Attached find Three comparison screen shots... the first with a white background is all defaults, and the wicks seems fine.

The second is one pixel width wicks no indicators, just color selection changes on the candle outline>> transparent, Wick Color>> 94, 94,94. Background>> Black, Session Break lLine>> 34,34,34, Axis>> DimGrey, Price Marker>> Dim Grey.

You can see that the wicks are no longer centered in the second screenshot.

The third is all the same color changes, no indicators, but with two pixel width wicks... the added pixel is on the offset side of the uncentered wick, further accentuating the offset.

Again, only color changes applied.

I find it hard on the eyes to work the long hours I do in front of white screens. The default black wicks and outline don't work on a black background, hence my desire to change their colors.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Crassius,

I am able to reproduce it using these settings as well. When I decompress the X-axis so bars are enlarged, the issue reduces and at a certain point wicks are centered again.

I will forward your findings to Development. Thank you for reporting.

Comment

Attached find Three comparison screen shots... the first with a white background is all defaults, and the wicks seems fine.

The second is one pixel width wicks no indicators, just color selection changes on the candle outline>> transparent, Wick Color>> 94, 94,94. Background>> Black, Session Break lLine>> 34,34,34, Axis>> DimGrey, Price Marker>> Dim Grey.

You can see that the wicks are no longer centered in this second screenshot.

The third screenshot is all the same color changes as the second, no indicators, but with two pixel width wicks... the added pixel is on the offset side of the uncentered wick, further accentuating the offset.

Again, only color changes applied.

I find it hard on the eyes to work the long hours I do in front of white screens. The default black wicks and outline don't work on a black background of course, hence my desire to change their colors.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Crassius,

Unfortunately this can occur. In some cases bars are compressed to an amount of pixels where there is no center pixel. This will cause the wick to be plotted the way you reported. There is no workaround other than using a different compression scheme.

Comment

Crassius
                  NT7 now has BarColor and CandleOutlineColor( which does wick and body). So you can write your own 'barcoloring' if you want to.
                  Still not perfect ( Wick should be separate) but much better.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post f.saeidi  
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Rapine Heihei