• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug?: Rollover missing day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug?: Rollover missing day.

The default rollover date for the NG 2-2011 contract is (I think) 12/29/2010. My volume analysis however shows the actual rollover day was 12/28/2010 - yesterday morning the 2-2011 volume exceeded the 1-2011 volume. So I changed the rollover day for the NG 2-11 contract to 12/28/2010. Low and behold, this morning, my NG chart was missing all the price data for the trading day 12/28/2010. This is what the attachment shows. Notice there is no 12/28 and the giant gap is where the 12/28 data is supposed to be.

Either I don't understand this "feature" of NT or this is a bug.

To Reproduce it:

Change the NG 2-11 Rollover date to 12/28/2010.
    Open a 60 minute NG 2-11 chart.
    Change the Session template to Default 24/7. This seems to be the key to the bug. If the Session template is <Use instrument settings> the data for 12/28/2010 magically appears.

shawnj
    Attached Files

Hi Shawn,

I'm not seeing this issue here and the rollover day for this instrument and month was already defined as 12 / 28 / 10.

I would verify that you are looking correctly at the rollover for the 2-11 contract.

If you made any changes to the rollover date, you can restore by resetting instruments.

Disconnect from any connections.
    Click Tools > Options > Data tab
    Click reset instruments

Please let us know if you run into the same thing when working with default rollover definitions.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 12-30-2010, 08:57 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RobertoPaez, Today, 06:47 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post RobertoPaez  
    Started by catinabag, Today, 06:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes