3 valuable charting improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 valuable charting improvements

I use another trading platform that allows me to compress and expand the visible bars in any chart, even to the point of seeing the entire loaded data range. This allows me to quickly note significant historic highs and lows related to current price levels and expand the chart at that datetime using the magnifying glass to mark that level horizontally. Unfortunately NinjaTrader only compresses bars to a point and one must scroll to search for distant highs and lows. If I have global crosshairs selected it, since NT nicely scrolls other charts the the current charts datetime, such a feature would allow me to focus all charts on that specific support or resistance level quickly without tedious scroll/searching, draw precise horizontal lines and quickly return to current time. This would make NinjaTrader's chart management superior to the other product I use, were it not for one missing feature in NinjaTrader, that is horizontal lines that can be set to default to extend right or left only, or as an alternative solution rays that can be locked to horizontal. Come to think of it I also regret that NinjaTrader tools cannot be set to default to drawing on indicators but must be set to do so everytime a tool is selected. Saving as default doesn't make the future opening of that tool default to drawing on indicator but it always defaults to drawing on the symbol data.

So three features would make NT superior:
    1.Fully compressible charts
    2. left or right extending horizontal lines, and/or rays
    3.The ability to set any tool to default to drawing on indicators whenever it is opened.

Hello ProfitPilgrim

Thank you for your post & feedback.

I have forwarded this post to our Development Department for further review & consideration. NinjaTrader encourages users to forward their suggestions & feedback so keep those ideas coming!

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post samish18  
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    3 responses