Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cumulative Volume Profile Indicator would be very powerful

Hi Team,

Just a suggestion for future indicator development. The volume profile in NT7 is excellent and a powerful tool for predicting support & resistance. Some professional traders rely almost exclusively on volume profiles for trading decisions and software such as INVESTOR RT provides the capacity to build a CUMULATIVE volume profile on a daily chart for weeks / months of historic volume data.

Since the NT database contains all of this data, it would be an extremely valuable development of the Vol Profile indicator if there was an option to build a historic, cumulative volume profile in Ninja, say on a daily chart, whereby all tick by tick volume data (no need for bid/ask vol, just total) was accurately and cumulatively plotted on the Y axis such that one could see low and high volume trading areas over the prior months.

Look forward to it!

Hello waverider,

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

I will forward your note to our development team for future considerations within the indicator portion of the NinjaTrader platform.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My vote as well, no brainer

+1

Comment

If someone can post the calculation or how a cumulative vol profile would work, I'd be happy to code it.

Comment

gomi has done all these tools including this one-- but it would be nice if it or something like it were part of the software package and supported directly by the NT team.

Comment

can you direct me to where I can find gomi's files?

Comment

Reviews, Strategies, Indicators & more | NexusFi community forum

Comment

Might want to check out my Volume Profile indicator as well at http://www.criticaldata.com/index.php/products-3/volume-profile.
                Download free trial here: http://www.criticaldata.com/index.php/downloads

Comment

Hi waverider,

It was Investor/RT's VP features that I used as a standard in developing my CDA_VolumeProfile indicator...see comments here.

Comment

is there any news on this being available?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your post.

This has been implemented. Simply apply the 'BuySellPressure' indicator to your chart and it works in real-time.
                      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Volume Profile

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
                        Hi, thanks for your post.

This has been implemented. Simply apply the 'BuySellPressure' indicator to your chart and it works in real-time.
                        Mate, this is nothing like what we are talking about. This shows that NT REALLY need to start looking into volume profile and what's required.

PLEASE take the time. This kind of indicator should not need to run real time. Should be able to be applied historically. Should have ability to create profiles based on selecting an area on the chart with your mouse. Should be able to set start dates. Have multiple on screen. Have different granularities depending on whether you are doing it daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

Just look at the stuff that others have made as mentioned above. I'm just not a fan of third party stuff and NT seems to go wobbly for me once I head down that track.

Comment

Hello waverider,

Thanks for your reply.

Your feedback is being taken into consideration by development.
                          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                          9 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post caryc123  
                          Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes