Trend channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend channel

Trend channel is one of the popular drawing tools and heavily used by traders.Its also among the standard set of tools in almost all trading softwares.I always miss this tool in otherwise excellent choice of drawing tools available in ninjatrader.I hope someone will pay attention and add this trend channel tool.Thank you.

Hello easyfying,

Can you please clarify the trend channel you like to see in NinjaTrader. How should it function?

We currently support a regression channel drawing object. You could also draw trend channels using multiple line drawing objects.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trend Channel Tool

A regression channel drawing tool chooses a standard deviation or high low of a range to draw a channel.It limits the flexibility to alter the channel.In many bars or candles if high and low is too far from the close and open,the channel gets influenced by it and user has no choice other than trying different standard deviations to best fit or some other cumbersome means.
      A trend channel though looks similar to regression channel ,but it provides more flexibilty ,where an extended trendline is drawn at the top or at bottom of a trend and the second extended line automatically draws parallel to it.now keeping the trendline fixed ,one can now manually change the second parallel line to any position.
      I right now use two extended lines or fiddle with regression channel to somehow get the right trend channel and it takes lot of time and needs constant changes.
      So a simple trend channel drawing tool would make all this work a lot easier.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello easyfying,

Thank you for your explanation. I will forward your suggestion to Development to put it on the list of future considerations of the software.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello easyfying,

Thank you for your explanation. I will forward your suggestion to Development to put it on the list of future considerations of the software.

This was a great addition to NinjaTrader. Thank you very much for adding it

Comment

add more value box

Is there any way to add an additional 10 more inputs?

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses