upper right hand X box (close) of chart panel prop not work on duel screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upper right hand X box (close) of chart panel prop not work on duel screens

I have a laptop with 3 other monitors connected to it.

From a chart, if I open up a popup dialog such as the chart panel properties dialog ( double click left mouse with cursor on vertical axis - mine axis on right hand side of chart) from a chart on the main laptop display, I can click on the X box located in the upper right hand side corner to close this popup dialog.

If I do the same from a chart on any of the other monitors and the dialog positioned on this non-main-monitor, I can not select this X box to close it. In this situation it is as if the dialog is stuck in resize mode.

But if I move this dialog to the main display, the X box becomes selectable and I can close it.

This issue seems to occur with any popup dialog that originates on a monitor other than the main monitor.

Hello,

Could you perhaps send a screenshot of what this looks like? As I cannot duplicate on my side.

If I open a chart on my laptop main monitor and double left click in the price axis to bring up the chart panel on any monitor I am able to close out of it no problem on either monitor.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I don't know how to get you a screen shot of this that shows anything of value. When I take a screen shot it does not capture the mouse hoverover icon that shows the issue.

If I open the dialog on the main monitor and move it to any of the secondary monitors, I can no longer click on the X box to close it. Also, if I open the the dialog and it displays on the secondary monitor I can not close it via the X box. But in any case, if the opened dialog is moved onto the main monitor, I can then close it via the X box. The CLOSE button always functions as well as the escape key.

In this state, when the mouse is moved over the X, with the dialog on the secondary monitors, the cursor changes to a double arrow streach-the-dialog icon as if you had moved over the corner edge of the dialog to resize it. This is what does not appear when I do a screen snap. If I do this action when the dialog is on the main monitor, the X box icon changes as I move the mouse over it. But again, if I do the same exact movment with the dialog on the secondary monitor, the streach-the-dialog icon appears even if the cursor is moved directly over the X.

Comment

Hello,

I cannot duplicate on my side.

Can you please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com reference this forum post and put ATTN:Brett in the subject line and reference this forum post and include your phone number and I will be able to further assist.

Comment

This was reported and never fixed during the NT7 betas. It manifests itself if Control Center is on a different monitor than the main Windows monitor. I'm using 4 monitors off dual NVidia NVS295 cards. Latest drivers etc etc.

It is not on all forms. The New Strategy dialog form is the easiest way for me to see the bug. Open a chart or a new DOM on any monitor and it is fine.

Comment

my control center almost always starts on the laptop's screen...

the laptop has a VGA video out for one of my monitors, the other two are USB based samsung Lapfit monitors....

Comment

Hello,

Thanks, I send a follow up email to schedule a time to call you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh