Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7.1 Roadmap?

Hi NT Folks:

NT7 RCs now run 24x7 for a week without requiring a shutdown. It took a long time but that light at the end of the tunnel is nice and bright now.

Any news on what to expect from NT 7.1?

In case you are taking suggestions here are those on the top of my list.

1. Instrument Specific Data-Vendor Choice: Right now NT checks whether the data is available or not which does not work if vendor #1 supplies delayed data while vendor #2 supplies Real-Time Data. Many of us do not need tick-true data for all the instruments we would like to monitor, but are forced to pay the exchange fee. Further, tick-true data for many instruments also results in higher CPU overhead.

In my particular case, I want IQFeed for my main instruments, but will be happy with the IB feed for all the rest. The IB Feed has a much lower band-width and processing requirement and would do for the non-core instruments.

This should be a relatively easy to implement feature from the engineering point of view. NT already has the logic to chose different data-feeds based on availability; another field can be set to select based on user-choice.

2. OnMarketData Call Back for Indicators Charts with Historical Data: The native support for GOMI stuff is critical. Many other competing vendors like IRT have it.

3. Automatic End Of Day Historic Data Download: To improve the stability and performance of the system, I no longer save live IQFeed data as historical. However I have to manually download it every evening or Friday to keep the historical data-base up to date and avoid long start-up times. It would be wonderful to have a data download wizard which can be configured to keep the historical data current automatically.

Thank You.

Hello aviat72,

Thank you for these suggestions. I will forward to our development team for review and future consideration.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post geddyisodin  
    Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes