Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT recompiling everything regardless if there were any changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT recompiling everything regardless if there were any changes.

Why does NT starts recompiling something when I try to add a strategy or an indicator a chart? I think it also does this when I try to open a strategy analyzer. If there hasn't been any changes to the source code, why does it need to recompile anything? I actually think it recompiles all the strategies and indicators regardless of if they have been changed and since I have a lot of them it takes forever. Could you implement some way of checking if a recompile is actually needed?

Thanks,
    Tim

Hello Tim,

Can you please tell me how you determined that NinjaScript files are compiled when a strategy or indicator is added to a chart or when opning a Strategy Analyzer? I do not experience this on my end when I test it. What steps do you perform when you notice this?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT becomes unresponsive, I can see ninjatrader.exe and csc.exe using CPU. This happens after each time I make a change and recompile an indicator or strategy. Is it really necessary for NT to recompile anything after that?

Comment

Unfortunately if you compile an indicator or strategy, all NinjaScript files will be compiled. This is as expected.

I will forward your suggestion to implement a way to check if the compiling of all NinjaScript files is required when you compile 1 indicator or strategy to development to put it on the list of future considerations. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Unfortunately this will not be possible. The NinjaScript environment will need to be generated as a whole.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rdtdale
          by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          3 responses