Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BackTesting in V 6.0.1000.6

Hey,
    In version 6.0.1000.6, it is supposed to be easier in terms of backtesting, since the data is retrieved from memory once data for backtesting period loaded. However, I find it to be sluggish, and occasionally hangs up on me. I normally perform backtesting with the IQFEED disconnected to avoid the memory pull from online once I already have the. It used to perform faster once disconnected from IQFEED when changing betweeb chart, period and summary, now it appears to be very sluggish. Have you performed extensive testing with this backtesting jumping from the Summary tab to the Period Tabs/Chart for different time periods or even the same? I am testing 3 mins, 5, 15. When I do it, after a while I get sluggishness or lockup of the app.

I have 3 GB Ram, Intel Core 2, 2.016 GHZ, and 30 Gigs hard drive space, so I know it cannot be my machine.

>> In version 6.0.1000.6, it is supposed to be easier in terms of backtesting
    Not sure what you are referring to. Nothing has changed there with 6.0.1000.6. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...easeNotes.html

Comment

Improved: Removed redundant historical data re-loading under some situations

When you performed a strategy back test in Ninja trader, and was viewing the summary page, and then proceeded to view period tab, Ninja would attempt to redownload my 2 year history from Iqfeed.

Was this not changed to store the data now in memory, to avoid redownloading the same info?

Comment

Sorry, this statement in the release notes was misleading. Actually a bug not related to what you experienced (on Tools->Historical data->Reload) was fixed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexAuCost  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:22 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexAuCost