Global Enable Strategies option, and setting Enabled as DEFAULT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Enable Strategies option, and setting Enabled as DEFAULT

I can understand why some people might want the ability to disable strategies. It's a nice to have feature.

But to have them disabled by default is INANE. You need a global option where you can default strategies to either disabled or enabled when you first add the strategy. To force users through another series of clicks just to enable the strategy is stupid.

Sorry for being harsh, but it is. You need to put yourself into the shoes of an active trader. I place dozens of automated trades a day. More clicks and things to forget are an incredible pain and makes the process of trading with NT extremely difficult. It's just one more thing I need to worry about.

You should be FACILITATING trading, not putting unnecessary ROADBLOCKS or POINTS OF FAILURE.

PLEASE CREATE AN OPTION TO ENABLE STRATEGIES BY DEFAULT.

If some people don't want this option, then it's fine to have them set the default to False. But for people who don't want this hassle, help us trade easier by cutting down on the number of clicks I need to make.

Hello,

I have already sent this recommendation into development to have this option. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Hello,

There is an unsupported NinjaScript method you can add to your strategy to set Enabled to true when you apply the strategy. This is a use at your own risk property. If you want to add this into your strategy please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post and I can send you the line of code you need to add.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks, Brett, I appreciate your help, I will contact you for that unsupported code.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses