Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different time frame indicators

Hi,

It could be very useful to include a feature to use an indicator of different time frame apart from the one currently using. I.E. an EMA of 15 min in a 5 min chart.

Another drawing tool of great use could be a channel line to be draw at x distance from the first line we are drawing, the first could be exactly the same as the line (F2) feature but immediately after drawing the first line the second one will let you choose the distance from the first line instead of the direction of this one.

Thank you for listening.

Hi ferdinand,

Thank you for your post.

With NinjaTrader 7 this is possible with a multiple data series chart: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

When both data series are added you can edit the Indicator Parameters to be applied to a particular data series, and also share the same panel as that input data series:

As for the drawing object you can copy your drawn lines and then paste on the chart, and with the ability to modify the y-axis location of objects you can create a channel in that manner:
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I have used those features

For the first. i do not like two time frames in one chart. i know i can try to hide one lowering down, but i do no like that either. i would like to the second one would not be drawn at all and i think i can´t do that.

As long for the snap mode, for me, it takes too much time to use it and you have to struggle too much with it to get it do what you want do.

thats just my opinion, and my suggestion.

kind regards.

Comment

NinjaTrader allows developers to create those kind of indicators for free... you can easily do that in NinjaScript or you can always use the free ninjatrader indicators contained in the MicroTrends NinjaTrader Framework - just download and import it.
        The MA Pack HTF contains 20+ different types of MA - you can use for example a 30min 5EMA on a 5Min chart. or a 1 day 5EMA on a 5min chart etc
        Last edited by MicroTrends; 03-16-2011, 01:27 PM.
        MicroTrends
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Hi ferdinand,

In addition to custom programming as the ability to create indicators that would show the behavior you cite I have forwarded this information to my development team.

We will use this information and consider in what manners this could be added as an enhancement.

However, in the meantime NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.
          There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.
          If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.
          Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the assistance Ryan.

Kind regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse