Sim account labeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim account labeling

I would like to suggest that accounts shown in the DOM be marked with an asterisk or highlighted in some special way if they are sim accounts. You can name a sim account to look like a real account by just naming it a number or something. Some people will want to show live trades on the DOM and can't really prove at this point if it's a real account or sim.

Hi JoshDance,

Thank you for your post.

If you right-click in the SuperDOM and then select Properties there is a setting called Simulation Color. This is the background color of the SuperDOM when a simulated account is selected.

Whenever a live account is selected the SuperDOM background color will be white. This color difference between a live and simulated account within the order entry windows is the method that NinjaTrader uses to alert the user that a live or simulation account is selected.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Change the sim background color to 212,206,203 and it looks identical to the live color background. (see photo)
      Attached Files

Comment

I just realize you don't understand what I am talking about. Can you reread the first post please? I'm talking about someone showing his DOM to a viewer, and the viewer getting a visual confirmation that the account is real or not--this is not for the user of the DOM, it's for someone else looking at it. Say for example a vendor wants to prove he is trading with real money...

Comment

Hi JoshDance,

I did forward this particular item to development and having a notation to indicate a live account within the Account Dropdown has been given reference number 798 for ongoing development.

However, if you do not use the same color for the simulation background then the difference in colors presently can function in the same way to denote a live account versus simulation account. Since you can not modify the live account color it will always be white, and so to mark the difference presently do not use the same color, since when changing accounts will rotate between the preset live account DOM color, and the simulation color that you can choose.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
            Hi JoshDance,

I did forward this particular item to development and having a notation to indicate a live account within the Account Dropdown has been given reference number 798 for ongoing development.
            Thank you.

However, if you do not use the same color for the simulation background then the difference in colors presently can function in the same way to denote a live account versus simulation account. Since you can not modify the live account color it will always be white, and so to mark the difference presently do not use the same color, since when changing accounts will rotate between the preset live account DOM color, and the simulation color that you can choose.
            Ryan, it's like we're speaking different languages. Maybe you're just trying to be thorough, but this information is irrelevant. It does not address the reason for the suggestion. My suggestion is not at all related to differentiating the sim and live accounts to the USER. I am making the suggestion because there is currently no way to prove to someone watching that the account being traded is indeed a real account. Many vendors would find this helpful (or, rather, many people who subscribe to vendors), as it gives credibility to someone who says that he is trading real money.

Comment

JoshDance,

I guess I do not understand because I do not see what you mean by someone watching the account, and the difference you mean between witnessing someone live trade.

Comment

Ok Ryan,

Let's say you're a potential customer of a vendor. The vendor makes claims of huge profit. The vendor says he will prove it by showing his trades live on the DOM, or at least on a video. How would you, as a potential customer, know that his trades were taken on a real account, with real money?

Comment

Hi JoshDance,

If they are showing you on a DOM in either a recorded video, or at that point in time then the difference in background colors between a simulation account and live account would denote the difference.

However, as I understand it if you set the color the same then that difference can not be made and an alternate method of differentiation would be welcome.

Comment

However, as I understand it if you set the color the same then that difference can not be made and an alternate method of differentiation would be welcome.
                    Yes, this is my point-- believe it or not, there ARE some dishonest vendors out there who would make false claims, and pretend to be showing a real account when in fact they have made it only appear to be real by creating an interesting sim account name and changed the background color... shocking, but true :-)

Comment

JoshDance,

Perfect, I fully understand now, and I was trying to provide alternate solutions within NinjaTrader presently.

This item is being considered, but for now the setting about the background color would be the way to accomplish this difference.

Comment

Is there any update to this as there are vendors scamming people on YouTube using the replay mode and SIM account like the one below:

Comment

I don't think you can have a real live money account if there is no exclamation mark linked with the account. Go to: Tools > Options and click on Account Grps. You will be able to create as many sim accounts as you like, change their background colours and even rename those sim accounts to whatever you like, but you must have the following: ! Otherwise the account is not a real one
                          Last edited by emazing; 10-09-2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Look at the videos, is he trading a live or SIM account?

Comment

Looks to me this is a very real account because it has everything, name, acct. info, and the exclamation mark. This cannot be faked, as I use NT7 for many years and know all the tricks in the book. He even shows you his control center. If you have multiple sim accounts, you would have seen them there. By default, NT automatically gives you one sim account whether you like it or not. On his control center, not only can you see the trades he took, you also see which account was used to take them when he shows the "positions" tab. And on one of his videos I saw under his "account" tab his total. Again, if this was on sim, it would have shown you the total with his sim next to it which is not the case

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              2 responses