Enhancement: Autopopulated backtest from optimizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhancement: Autopopulated backtest from optimizer

It would be great if a new backtest SA could be autopopulated from the Instrument or Optimizer tabs. Imagine right clicking on one of the many optimized strategies and a backtest option was available. That option would open a new SA with all the relevant values already filled in. This could save lots of time that's spend in transcribing setting values.

Hello sajosh,

Please note that you can view all individual backtest results after the optimization already. If you select a row in the Instruments or Optimizer tabs, the Summary and other tabs below will reflect results for the parameters listed in the row.

You can even right click the row and select 'Performance Viewer' to open a seperate window to display the results.

I am not sure what your suggestion would contribute in this regard, could you please clarify?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, the Performance Viewer is part of the solution but the full solution would be to have the full SA screen available. Use cases are ...
      - I'd like to be able to save individual optimization results so that I can graph, chart, view trades, etc. after shutting down.
      - I'd also like to be able to run what if scenarios by changing the initial investment amounts, dates (to bear markets, bull markets, etc.)

I do this today by copying all the setting into a new SA screen which is not hard but does get cumbersome.

Comment

Your suggestion to create new Strategy Analyzer windows from rows in the Instruments and Optimizer tabs has been inserted in our tracking system. The suggestion has been assigned with ID# 819. Thank you for your feedback.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post SantoshXX  
        Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes