Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Market Replay is great. But if i had to pick one thing i do not like even though its much better than paper trading IS waiting for the results. Which is typical of any testing procedure. But maybe 1000x or 10,000x would be cool....Its just nice to see the fills in market replay so close to actual trading yet having to wait about 4 hours to get through 3 months of replay data. -

Also maybe allow one core per strategy during this testing.. some calculations at 500X can tax the single core to 100% and slow the process down especially when running more than 1 strategy.

I already turn the refresh on the chart to 10 seconds, which helps a lot. But More SPEED!!!!.

BK

I believe i have another post similar to this about cutting out the time on weekends and at night....But just speeding up the process might be an easier way to handle it.

Hello BK,

I have forwarded your suggestions in regards to the Market Replay to my superiors. It has been inserted in our tracking system and has been assigned with ID# 818.

Using the ID# you can request status information by including the ID# when you submit an email or submit a post. Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Market Replay performance

Does anybody know if there is a way to save the market replay performance data (after you you go through it with your strategy)? Right now is seems you can only save it as excel, but I noticed that when I close ninja and reopen the data is still there so it is saved somewhere. Where exaclty? For some reason when I conect to market reaply connection again, everything from the past is lost. I have two questions:

1) is there a folder that we can save so that we can access the replay performance again?
      2) is there a way to start testing the strategy again with new fresh market replay data but starting from the point it was interrupted during the last test?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Hello luitom,

1. Unfortunately there is no such folder.

2. Unfortunately this is not supported either.

I recommend to transfer the data to Excel so you can save it there.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. But if there is not such a folder why is that I can close Ninja restar it and still see all the performance data from the replay? It really does not get deleted until I connect to market replay again. Why is that? Sorry I trust your asnwer but I am just trying to undestand

Comment

Hi luitom,

The data you're speaking of is saved within NinjaTrader's database. It is only when the replay is started again that previous results are cleared.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

so where is this folder exactly. Does this mean that if I copy this folder somewhere, then do another replay and then copy this folder in the right place again, I can see the old data again and analyze it?

Comment

Hello luitom,

1.) The NinjaTrader database can be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > DB folder. It is named 'NinjaTrader.sdf'.

2.) Unfortunately, this is not supported.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes