Stock Screening Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Screening Capabilities

it would be great if NinjaTrader could support seamless pattern screener functionalities. What is provided by NeoTicker could be a very good reference. You guys should have a look at the features available in NeoTicker.

Cheers.

Hello Alvantage,

Do you perhaps have a link that explains this functionality of NeoTicker or any other reference?

Unfortunately I am not familiar with such functionalities. I did search the web, but I could not find any relevant information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason.

You can look at http://www.tickquest.com/downloads/ntdoc.pdf and see section on "Pattern Scanner Operation Guide" page 801.

You can also try their demo version. From my point of view, two strong points of their platform are
      • abilities to perform complex stock screenings
        • screen out stocks which satisfy certain criteria (defined using custom indicators) from a defined list stocks, and then
        • further screen these selected stocks using different set of criteria.
          The hierarchical screening abilities make a lot of sense when one tries to identify certain opportunities based on daily data and then focus on certain intraday patterns to get in and out of the market.
      • ability to collate customized market breadth statistics. This is useful for market timing purposes.

Of course, there are things in NinjaTrader which I prefer than NeoTickers, not least its rapid development.

Comment

Hello Alvantage,

It seems the Pattern Scanner is similar to our Market Analyzer window. The Market Analyzer will allow you to scan instruments as per criteria you setup as well. Please see the link below for more information.

You can setup multiple filter conditions in the Market Analyzer.

I suggest to play around with our Market Analyzer and check if it meets your requirements. If not, please tell me what functionality you miss and I will forward the feature request to my superiors.

Comment

The way I understand it, the Market Analyzer, strictly speaking is not a scanner. You actually has to load all of the symbols into market analyzer. This may slow down your computer if you have over 3000 stocks as your initial universe.

In Pattern scanner, we start to scan with a very generic simple criteria which will remove most of the stocks. This can be done quickly. Then we can automatically apply more timing consuming and complex screening criteria to a much reduced list of stocks which passed the previous screening. If we so wish, we can perform final automatic screening on just 3 to 10 stocks using intraday data to decide on entry and exit points.

Imagine using Market Analyzer in this problem. I am not sure whether it can efficiently handle this task.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

I have forwarded your feature request to my superiors. They have inserted it in our tracking system and it has been assigned with ID# 842.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              I see, thank you for clarifying.

I have forwarded your feature request to my superiors. They have inserted it in our tracking system and it has been assigned with ID# 842.

Thank you for your feedback.
              Thanks Jason, I was looking out for this facility for sometime.

1) Based on EOD data of about 1000 stocks, select about 100 stocks, save them to an Instrument List and fetch intra day data for those 100 only.

2) After watching the performance for about an hour, apply the pre-set filters to further identify stocks to trade Long / Short.

3) On detailed study of the charts for the market & the filtered instruments, Trade Long or short with limits for trade and stops based on the detailed study.

Thanks.
              murthymsr

Comment

Hi murthymsr,

Thank you for taking the time to write in with this.

I'll send this feedback on to development and ask that they add it to the request.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                19 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Radano
                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                0 responses