Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does everyone like Ninja Trader?

How does everyone like Ninja Trader?

For the price, it is ok. I hope they will listen to customers and improve on the produce.

For example, I know a lot of people, included myself trade with chart trader and would like to have 1-click entry on the chart trader. It is not going to happen. Late comers such sierra chart and multicharts are implemented the feature in their chart trader.

Another feature that has been requested for years is market if touch, and still not available.

To be honest, I don't think there is any more improvement coming from NT beside adding more brokers and vendors.

Hope they can prove me wrong.

Comment

I don't have much experience, but have MT4 for several months, which I liked a lot. But not a lot of programs have on chart trading or ATM functionality. Which makes me pay for the product instead of using MT4 for free.
      I think there are ways to improve the product. Not sure if you guys have a page somewhere where customers can submit ideas.

Comment

Hi sesplin,

I just wanted to jump in to mention that we will take any and all suggestions - just contact us via a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hmmm

Thanks for the feedback. I have heard nothing but good things up until now.

Comment

I will be really honest. The largest strength with NT is automation trading and a very good back testing feature. My only issue is with Trading Technologies and the brokers that use TT and the way Ninja trader can't carry contracts over night. I don't trade over night anyways so it's not a huge deal. But I wish Trading Technologies and NT supported full account information not just current profit/loss.

No difference between 64 bit and 32 bit that is worth noting if you have a good system. Like at least a 3ghz quad core processor or better with at least 4GB of fast ram. I have found that NT uses more RAM with the more charts open at once. Flexibility to use any data feed you wish is great. They support the most popular discount brokers and are always adding to the list. I don't think NT will go "out of business" any time soon like other smaller software companies might. Im more afraid of them being bought up by a larger broker/data provider and will no longer support NT development.

I have tried Market Analyzer, Tradestation, Sierra Charts, Amni Trader, MotiveWave, quote tracker and many more, I would say out of the bunch that Navigator is the most "advanced" but also one of the most expensive. I do think NT is better than all of them though hence why I use it.

Comment

Good but not yet great

I have used NT for about 2 years now.
              7 is definitely an improvement over 6.5.

Pros
              1. reasonably reliable.
              2. Fast.
              3. Ability to code most things in a native language like C# is very helpful.
              4. Chart Trader and the ATM strats are very good but see cons!
              5. Good to be able to connect through your broker direct - so the chart I see is the price data my vendor is actually spewing out.

Cons
              1. Chart Trader should have MIT and programmatically it is really irritating that an OIF(order instruction file) won't take a negative stop limit order.(ie mkt trades at 100, place limit order at 99.75 for instance).
              2.Support on NS is still woefully short of the platforms capability eg ChartControl is not supported ( but it's a charting program , guys)
              3.Just to harp on about above - it's important as it restricts the development of the platform by users.
              4. Workspace corruption and database corruption still seem to happen way too often.

Overall I work with it as I think the core is good - it's just that you know there is really so much more underneath if you could just dig it out.

Comment

My 2 cents is that NT is a great platform. One of my personal frustrations, as mentioned by "Mindset", is the lack of MIT order functionality. For me, the lack of this feature makes me want to leave NT as soon as I can find a good alternative. When I can find an alternative, I will definitely be promoting it.

Daniel
                neoToolbox.com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Christopher_R  
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                166 responses