NT 7 stucked on new char data series window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 stucked on new char data series window

After loading several charts with lots of indicators in one workspace connected to simulated data feed , if I try to open a new chart , the chart data series window won't close or react to the "ok" button. The window will still be interactive and I would be able to add or remove new data series or change the parameters but I won't be able to close that window.

The task manager still shows plenty of performance or memory available in the computer so it is not a a limitation in the hardware. Processor running at 30% of performance power and still several gigabytes of memory available.

I tested in two different computers, both running Windows 7. The NT version was R4 and the problem happens in both versions 32 and 64 bits. I did the test with original NT indicators , not custom indicators to make sure there wasn't anything wrong on them. I think this happens on live data feed but with the simulator feed it is very easy to reproduce. If the charts are split in different workspaces the problem does not happen. So this is some kind of limitation within 1 workspace.

To repro this:
    I opened 3 different instruments with 100 days of history each, and load in the chart a template with 25 indicators. I can open a total of 6 or 7 charts before I run into the problem. The problem happens only if connected on a feed which is ticking , otherwise NT seems to behave ok, now once is connected to the feed if I try to open a new chart the problem will happen right away.

What I described is how to reproduce this bug, but my normal workspace uses 3 instruments, 5 charts per instrument and about 5 or 6 indicators on each chart, and I have been running in this problem quite often. Initially I thought would be my custom indicators so I decided to try with original NT indicators and the same issue happens. The only way around I have found was either reduce the number of charts or split in several workspaces.

Thanks
    Pac
    Last edited by pacpac; 04-22-2011, 11:23 PM.

Hello pacpac

Thank you for your post.

Please send your Log & Trace files for the date this occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Make sure to include a reference to this forum thread so we can evaluate this issue in the context of your description enumerated here.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same problem and its driving me nuts... In fact, I have to shut down NT every time this happens which is almost all the time now.

Comment

Hi Shadowshorter,

Thanks for your note.

Please send your Log & Trace files as well as your workspace file to our support email.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file” as well as by Workspace files and UI settings.

Where it says "Please enter any information..." please add Attn: Chelsea #338023.

I look forward to receiving the files.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

help?

What is the solution to fix this? It started to happen to me now as well. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by mlange View Post
            What is the solution to fix this? It started to happen to me now as well. Thanks!!
            Similarly to the posters below, I will need to see your individual diagnostic files to properly address what you are experiencing.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1409841 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            117 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jculp
            by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes