Chart Trader - minimise button color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader - minimise button color

Could the button used to show/hide Chart Trader be coloured the same as the color setting currently active for Chart Trader.

I do not use the DOM and I have Chart Trader minimised so as to maximise screen real estate for charts.

I trade 6 instruments on 6 charts across 3 screens. Some instruments I trade in SIM, others LIVE and I swap them around eg one day I might trade Silver LIVE and then the next under SIM.

With Chart Trader minimised on all 6 charts there is no way of easily telling if that chart/instrument is currently set to SIM or Live without expanding Chart Trader.

However under Chart Trader properties I have set it so the color of Chart Trader is yellow when the account is set to SIM.

Therefore I was thinking if the show/hide Chart Trader button also colored yellow when that instrument/chart account is set to SIM, then I can easily tell without expanding Chart Trader.

Thanks

Hello steve2222

Thank you for your post.

You have the ability to label/name the charts in order to differentiate between SIM & Live (see screenshot).

This would allow you to identify the type of Chart by looking at the chart’s title bar.
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chip,

Appreciate you can do this, BUT;

It is not automatic, the trader has to remember to change the label so it is no guarantee that when placing the trade you know if it is a SIM or LIVE account one.

Also your suggestion re-creates the chart, so if you have indicators that rely on real time data you will lose all this history eg buy/sell or bid/ask data, whereas my suggestion does not cause anything to be re-drawn.

Given you already have the option to change the color of the Chart Trader background for the SIM account, I cannot see that it would be too difficult to have the Chart Trader show/hide button colored to match the Chart Trader background color.

Comment

There appears to be demand for this

I am not sure Chip really understood what I was after.

Some searching on the forum identifies others have asked for a similar feature;

See post #227076 in thread 'Display Account Number' and post # 192917 in 'Displaying Account Name'

Both these posters wanted the current account in Chart Trader to print on the Chart itself (somewhere) presumably, like me, they have Chart Trader minimised.

The first post mentioned above even got a feature's update tracking number #648. How do we track progress on these? Or if we can't - what is the update on progress?

For the 2nd post mentioned above, the NT staff member included in his response a reference to the fact that SuperDom allows you to specify what you want in the SuperDom caption by changing a setting under Properties. So why not do the same with Chart Trader? That is, give us an option under Chart Trader Properties to show the account name on the Chart itself.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. I will send this into development as another vote for this.

This tracking number simply means that it is on our suggestion list and development is aware of it and may consider adding this in a future version of the software. To check status on this you would simply need to watch the release notes of future NinjaTrader releases to see if this feature has been added in.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes