New Chart Marker Suggestion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Chart Marker Suggestion...

Suggesting a new chart marker to show buy & sell points...an arrow head pointer like design...

This type of marker can show precise chart entry and exit points in a definitive manner in all chart conditions...and it does not obscure chart pattens in any way....see screen shot attached....

Thanks....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 04-29-2011, 08:19 PM.

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to change the colors of the arrows so that perhaps they stand out more on the type of chart you are viewing, and its particular settings if only using the Plot Executions set to MarkersOnly.

Additionally, I have forwarded this particular item to our development team for consideration regarding its implementation as an enhancement to NinjaTrader. The type of suggestion I forwarded was for the ability to modify the type of arrow (similar to how you can modify types of lines with indicators) for the plot executions.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Plus one on this idea

Well done Alfred. I agree it would be really nice to alter the style of arrow/object to show entries and exits.

Comment

Has anything been done about this? It is so hard to see the plot executions some times.

Comment

Hello BigRol00,

Thank you for your post.

It is not currently possible to customize anything but the color of execution markers. However, we do have an open feature request to enhance several aspects of the executions markers. I will add your vote to this feature request to be able to alter the style/size of the markers.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You guys do a lot of things really well, but some things just defy comprehension, like no price data on indicator lines (Horizontal line for example). The execution markers are literally barely visible no matter what colour you make them.

Comment

Hello BigRol00,

Thanks for your reply.

We implement feature requests based on a number factors, with user demand and feasibility being among those. I've submitted your vote to enhance the execution markers for our developers to consider.

As far as labeled lines go, this indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
              1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
              2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
              3. Select the downloaded .zip file
              4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once imported, the new drawing tools will appear in your drawing tools menu on the chart toolbar.

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
              Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes