HLC Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HLC Bars

I would like to suggest that you add the bar type HLC, same as OHLC, just without the open. I currently have to use HiLo bars and add a dot SMA value 1 to show the closing price, and while this workaround works, it's far from ideal. This is not super high on my priority list, but all users of VSA would like to see this in your product, and there are lots of VSA users out there so it may be beneficial to include this. I would think it would be quite easy to implement given your current bar types.

Hello,

Thanks for alerting me of this post on your other one.

Usually our system lets us know when a post is made for us to respond on. If you havnt got a response from us in a day for sure but mostly under 30 minutes during the day then something most likely happened.

I will send this suggestion into development and get yoiu a tracking number.

Comment

Hello Josh

I have submitted this suggestion to our Development Department and it has been assigned the reference number #560.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions or if we can assist with anything else.
      ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any update on HLC bars being implemented?

I'v ejust download this software and i'm amazed this isnt available. Making me reconsider using this software.

Seeing the open makes me dizzy,

Comment

Hello thesnowyforest,

Thanks for your post.

This suggestion remains on development's list of future considerations but there is not currently any word as to if or when this bar type would be made available. I will forward your vote (so to speak) for this feature on to our development staff however.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This feature has been requested for several years by the looks of previous posts on this indemand feature and yet your programmers have done nothing.

Surely it aint that hard.

Not impressed as a new customer.

How about we get this escalated and actually get something done?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

I can assure you that when an item is on our list with tracking ID it is reviewed by management.

As for now we do not officially support this chart type, however NinjaTrader has the ability to be extended by third parties.

Here is a HLC indicator created by Integrity-Traders I could locate first hand ( http://www.integrity-traders.com/ ) you can install for NinjaTrader 7 that should do what you need and add this ability to NinjaTrader.

It has the following directions:

The High-Low-Close Lines indicator plots a line at the close of the bar. Use with HiLo candle setting. NT7 version uses one less dataseries.

This means create a HiLo chart and then add this indicator to the chart to give you HLC bars.

Let me know if you have any questions using the indicator.
              Attached Files

Comment

You can just use HILO bars and add an SMA period 1, just displaying a dot instead of a line.

Comment

I have written an add on for NT 7 that adds a new HLC chart style. This is not not an indicator, but a new style of bars and that means that the bars will be coloured by paint bar studies.

Download link

The download includes full source code, so you can modify or inspect the code.

Screen shot showing bars coloured by Better ProAm

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response