X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small enhancements in Indicators window

Hello,
    I think it would be nice if it was possible in the Indicators window to:

- reorder indicators in the bottom left list (by up/down buttons)

- read long Labels easily - sometimes the window must be stretched across two monitors(!) to be able to read the whole text (scrollbars or a tooltip would solve this issue)

- select indicators in the bottom left list and save (and load) them as a group (a similar function to the chart template, but providing more granularity)

- have "Reset" button that would set a selected indicator values back to default

Hi Endif,

Thank you for your post and suggestions,

1. You can re-arrange the the ordering of indicators by removing and re-adding in a particular order but that only changes the display and not how the items are charted.

2. You can modify labels to read in any way you would like by editing the contents of the Labels field. Leaving the field blank will remove the label from being displayed on the chart. Enclosing a label in quotations ("MyEMA" for example) will display what's within the quotations and exclude the system added trailing series information.

3. This item has been added to our list of ongoing development projects, and provided with reference number 996, which you can refer to when inquiring about this potential enhancement.

4. Same as above, except when inquiring about this particular enhancement please use number 27.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for response, Ryan!

1. I know about this workaround, but it means to set all indicators parameters again. (I can live with this, but it would help keeping indicators list less messy sometimes.)

2. I meant "Label" at bottom right - containing the description of an indicator (for FOSC, for example, it says "The Forecast Oscillator (FOSC) is an extension..." = very long text).

3+4. Cool. Is there a public access to the NT bug/issue tracker? If not I vote for that! :-)

Comment

Hi Endif,

1. Thanks for that clarification, and I will submit that one item to development regarding the indicator list.

2. You can view the contents of that field by left-clicking on the line between the parameters and description and expand that area so that you can view the description without modifying the size of the indicators menu.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          Hi Endif,

1. Thanks for that clarification, and I will submit that one item to development regarding the indicator list.

2. You can view the contents of that field by left-clicking on the line between the parameters and description and expand that area so that you can view the description without modifying the size of the indicators menu.
          Thanks! (2. - I didn't notice that the line is movable, sorry.)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123