Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle 'DrawOnPricePanel'

I have several indicators that run in panels underneath price, but want
    to plot colors, backgrounds, etc on the price panel. Can't find anyway to do that (other than duplicate the code).... Need to be able to 'toggle' drawing on price panel off-and-on within the code.....or ahve functions such as "backcolor" offer an option of what panel to use...

Hello photog53,

Thanks for the feedback. Drawing on multiple panels in the same script is currently on our list, tracked with ID # 845.

For backcolor, there are two properties you could set:

Please let us know if there is a scenario where these two properties don't allow for the level of control you seek.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks.....
      I am in fact using both of these properties in different indicators.

Unfortunately, I have several instances where I an indicator determines conditions that want to draw a "BackColor" on the primary chart, but not on any of the other panels (2-n). Ninjascript currently does not allow me to do this.
      I can draw on the panel (2-N) that created the backcolor, or I can draw on all panels....but I can't create the back color conditions in (Ex: panel 2) and only draw on the primary chart.

As always I do appreciate Ninja Support quick responses, and willingness to help. I understand this is a development issue and not something Ninja Support can do much about.

As a workaround, I exposed the results from the triggering indicator, and coded a second indicator that simply reads the results and draws only on the primary chart....but I find this a somewhat duplicative and inelegant way to fix the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
      0 responses
      1 view