Please offer an option for your messaging system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please offer an option for your messaging system

It would be extremely helpful if you offered an ability to have all popup messages able to be suppressed. I see your log page and for some of us, that is sufficient. Please offer a checkbox in the property page to prevent the message box popup.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

So I can make sure I get this information to development correctly. Which message box comes up that you would like to suppress exactly?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I would make an option to suppress all popup messages and provide a button in the statusbar which had a counter on it which we could see how many new messages AND if we click it, could mark all the messages read and reset the counter or give us a means to reset it on the log page.

Like in this image
      http://screencast.com/t/BklWK8kpli6

Comment

Hi MarketAlly,

Thanks for the clarification.

I have forwarded this request on to development and will update you with a tracking number as soon as I hear back.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Second that. If I run strategies in market replay that start throwing a lot of error popups due to stop price being out of range the popup dialogs are hard to get rid of. For example I cant just hold escape button and have them all get dismissed. I have to click OK on all 9000+ of them. Btw, in my code I set the option to ignore on overfill and realtimehandling set to takenoaction so they can continue running generating errors.

Comment

Hello,

This has been added t developments requests list to possibly add in a future version of NinjaTrader with id #586.

Comment

I third that.

It is simply arrogant for Ninja to determine that ITS messages are so vital as to stop other applications from working and FORCE YOU to click on their message before you can continue working in the other application.

It is simply saying - no nothing else that you are doing - entering an order - anything -- is more important than a message from US the Ninja PROGRAMMERS.

Comment

Originally posted by aquarian1 View Post
                It is simply arrogant for Ninja to determine that ITS messages are so vital as to stop other applications from working and FORCE YOU to click on their message before you can continue working in the other application.
                It doesn't stop other applications from working. It only prevents you from using NT until you dismiss the popup.

Comment

Thanks for feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                  5 responses