X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs & suggestion

Hi Ninja

Probably bug list

- If we disable executions on chart (dataseries > donotplot and apply) then if we change timeframe on same chart from (example) 1M to Daily/week/Monthly and then return to 1M plot executions reappears and need disable again

- Session template: from chart must change template from "<Use instrument settings>" (default setting) to 24/7 for view all data on chart (with default setting missing some hours from chart), but must apply 24/7 every time open a chart because don't save setting
    From Tools > Session manager have already set and saved Default 24/7 but charts open every time with <Use instrument settings>

Suggestions

- multiple sort option for tabs "orders, executions ..", for example first set Order type and then Time maintaining also the previous set order etc.

- Option for enable/disable confirmation window also for CLOSE button on DOM and for File > Flatten everything

- Time and sales: audio .wav association with Block on T&S ;
    vertical scroller for view old transactions ; possibility save different presets block values for different instrument , NT automatic change preset when change instrument

- Option for view horizontal line last traded price on chart (like Metatrader 4 platform)

- Graphic/color mark selected order to move on DOM an example http://www.2shared.com/photo/Hiz3AHAw/DOM.html

- Optional automatic flat market some minutes (selectable value) before the close of the market

- Possibility send stop loss with orders on DOM with Direct Edition

- Auto display/auto hide mini data box when left mouse click on chart on selected candle: when click appears data box and when release same mouse button mini data box automatic disappear

- Option for write two hours (local time and exchange time) on chart at the same time arranged in two rows or on same row with Exchange time for example on brackets after Local time

- Option for visual/color mark hour on chart on last hour before market close

Thanks

regards
    Last edited by photographer; 06-04-2011, 02:28 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the support forum.

That's quite the list you have there We will run through it.

Please see answers below:

1) This is expected as you must save it per chart type. Go to the Right click->data series->then change the chart type to day for example. Set to DoNotPlot. Then right click on that and select set as default for day period type. Do this for each period type you want this to remain off for. This allows you do have different defaults for different period types.

2) You will want to save a chart template as default to get this to occur. Right click on the chart you have set how you want and then select templates->save->Save as default.

3) I will add this to the suggestion list. As you are right you can do this as one. Thank You.

4) You can disable this confirmation window by going to Control Center->Tools->Options->Confirm Order Placement Uncheck.

5) I will add this to suggestion list thank you.

6) Just to understand you want a horizontal line with last traded price. You can do this in NinjaTrader with a custom indicator. No need to write any custom code though a creative way to do this is to apply an SMA on the chart. However set the period to One and Calculate on Bar Close = False and set the plot type to Horizontal Line. This will do what you would like.

7) I will add this to the suggestion list as well.

8) You can do this in NinjaTrader. Right click on the superDOM or chart trader panel and select Close At Time. You set the time to close under Control Center->tools->Options->misc tab and set the time to flatten time, no need to enable flatten all there however, or no need to use close at time you can set it to flatten all there as well.

9) You can send stop loss orders with the direct edition. On the superDOM click in on the middle scroll wheel on your mouse instead of left clicking on your mouse to submit the order.

10) You can do this with NinjaTrader. Click and hold down the middle mouse button on the chart to get the mini/quick data box to appear.

11) Need you to clarify on this one as I don't understand what your trying to do. Thanks.

12) This can be done with a custom indicator.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Support Forum:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

A few more to that list related to strategy development and back-testing:

- Modal dialogs stop focus to other windows, i.e can't edit a strategy while looking at a charts properties

- Multi-threading - The entire application is locked during most strategy/backtesting activities, history downloads, imports, compilation etc

- IB adapter/plugin doesn't use IB gateway - need to use TWSStart as work-around

- Frequently backtests or optimizations will stop working. Work-around is to close the app. But while the windows close, it is still running in the background and needs to be killed manually

- Documentation is thin - Why not supplement the docs with auto-generated documentation?

- Object model ambiguity: i.e. MACD(a,b,c).SUM(5) does not perform a sum of the last 5 MACD values

- I am looking for a stable robot to run on my co-lo server continuously. Is NinjaTrader the type of product that can be run reliably on a remote console for 4 weeks without the need to restart? NinjaTrader has lost connectivity with IB gateway and not sucessfully reconnected. Is the olnly solution to run TWSStart and have it reload all the apps?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	861926
      Last edited by fongler; 06-04-2011, 03:24 PM. Reason: Added attachment

Comment

Hello,

Photographer please don't miss my post below on your original issue.

Fongler, its best to open a new post for your own items so that way you do not hijack another persons thread so that things don't get confusing as I've found its easy to do when too many things get going on.

In response to Fongler,

1) This is expected currently in current spec.Development is aware of desire for this not to be modal.

2) This is on our list to enhance more with next major release on our software. We have added multi threading to the optimizations and backtesting in NinjaTrader 7 and will continue to add it more as development continues.

3) Development is aware of IB Gateway. Unfortunately we do not support it at this time.

4) If you ever get a time backtest stops working please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com and this should not happen and is not expected.

5) There is over 1000 pages in our documentation and we have spent a lot of time creating good documentation. Can you please elaborate where you are finding documentation thin? Thank You.

6) Correct coding for this would be Sum(MACD(a,b,c), 5)[0]

7) This is dependant upon the connection technology used and their restart requirments. NinjaTrader itself does not require a restart and can run fine without. It is the connection technology you use that may need a restart. IB is one of these technologies that as IB's TWS has a nightly disconnect requirement that NinjaTrader cannot automatically reconnect too. I understand that IB Gateway is support to not have this requirement that IB requires however we do not support it at this time.

Comment

Hello ,

Have tested suggestions and works fine, thank you.

4) , when we enable the confirm then the confirmation window appears only for Limit/market orders placed on DOM and not involve the Close button and REV button that works always without confirmation; some possible errors made by trader with wrong click can cause erroneous and unwanted flatten all (or unwanted reverse), for these security reasons will be useful have additional option for enable confirmation also for Close button/REV button and Flatten Everything on menu.

9) Yes, this need send 2 separate orders, meant the ability to send also the stop loss built-in at the same time when you send limit or market orders , primarly for security, send 2 separate orders take few seconds but in few seconds can have broke connection or other pc related problems

11) an example http://www.2shared.com/photo/1hQNgLwr/Double_Hours.html , first row local time second row exchange time with Timezone info (Chicago timezone in this case), not changed hours it's only copy/paste

Alternative maybe can be display Exchange time in Mini data box and data box instead that on graph at bottom ; a view on both hours local and exchange can 'be useful to quickly check the time of opening / closing markets with easy management because open/close hours list on web usually are referred to exchange time. but if there are indicators for mark last hour before market close maybe this function is no more useful.

Edit: Add suggestion

Utilities > Import NinjaScript, ability for select/import multiple indicators/script at once (for example enabling Shift and CTRL keys in Import NinjaScript window for multiple selection), useful for who need import many indicators and scripts. (without need manual decompress zip archive in directories)

Thanks for excellent support
          Last edited by photographer; 06-06-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will write these into my product manager.

Finally, on this item:
            9) Yes, this need send 2 separate orders, meant the ability to send also the stop loss built-in at the same time when you send limit or market orders , primarly for security, send 2 separate orders take few seconds but in few seconds can have broke connection or other pc related problems
            This is an expected limitation of the Direct Edition of NinjaTrader and is done for a reason. TO do this with one order requires an ATM Strategy which is unlocked when you purchase the full version of NinjaTrader. To be able to better protect yourself with NinjaTrader you would need to go ahead and lease or purchase the full version of NinjaTrader to use the powerful ATM Strategies. You can lease for as low as $50 dollars per month and take advantage of many more powerful features.

Comment

All right

Thanks again

Comment

Hi there ,

Leave new suggestions

- Additional optional reminder every time we place working orders or fill orders on instrument on rollover near expiry, and color mark instrument near expiry and on rollover in instrument lists (from Dom, charts, instrument manager..)

- Go-to box for charts: type Date and Time on goto box and chart go and center at exactly selected point

- Option for enable/disable auto-update of instrument lists in Instrument Manager (and instruments in "instrument selector" on chart) on rollover period (switching to the next expiry) for instruments where we are already flat (not apply for instruments where there are opened trades), and option for force automatic update for all expired instruments/contracts in instrument manager list, and/or a button "refresh" (with confirmation request) in instrument lists for manual and fast rollover selected instruments (multiple instrument selection with Shift and CTRL)

Thanks

Edit: found another thread where last subject is already discussed sorry
                Last edited by photographer; 06-07-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB