Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simultaneously draw on all charts related to that equity

Feature Request
    I'd like the ability to Draw a line on 1 chart (eg: Oil 610 Tick), & have the same line automatically draw on all other related (ie: Oil 6 Range) charts I have open.
    I'd expect the link to be made by my setting the Chart Tab color to be the same (ie all Orange tabbed charts)
    Perhaps I could control if the Drawing is Global or just this chart with an option similar to the way I do with the Global / Local Cursor setting.

Even if is was only horizontal lines it would be a big help. But clearly having a trend line lock onto a HLOC price in one chart & draw from the same value in a related chart would be even better as it would permit the drawing of Triangles & Diagonal Trends.
    Would be even nicer if it remembered that the line was linked so I could delete it or change its properties once & it would change on all charts where it appears.

Use Case
    It is common for traders to use many charts to view the same market in different timeframes. eg: 4 charts on Oil : 377 Tick, 610 Tick, 7 Range & 5 Min.

Often they use the longer timeframe charts to spot Trends, Support/Resistance & the shorter timeframes for Entry.

Currently it is time consuming & error prone to look for Support/Resistance levels on one chart & then draw them on another chart (expecially as the scale is likely to be smaller & some of the levels are off the screen. I know I can resize the scale easily.).

Other trading apps let me draw at the higher timeframe & toggle to the smaller while keeping my lines. Ninja is nice because I can keep multiple windows open but syncing everything is hard.

Hope this makes sense.
    Dave
    Last edited by David Lean; 06-05-2011, 12:44 AM.

Hello David Lean,

Thank you for your post.

You should be able to creating "Global Drawing Objects" for any of your lines or other chart objects which will appear on all other charts of the same instrument.

Please see our Help Guide article on 'Understanding local vs. global drawing objects':

Please let me know if this does not do what you were looking for.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yup, That is exactly what I was requesting.
      Impressive that you could develop it so quickly & retrospectively put it in the product :-)
      Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post r68cervera  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes