News Reader and Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Reader and Indicator

I hope that I have missed it somewhere, but I have been looking through the NT support forums and the web looking for a way to have the built in Ninja Trader News application read the feed from IB. A feature that would be useful is reading various news feeds such as IB, yahoo, google and other RSS feeds, then filtering them by instrument so that an indicator could be added to Charts and Market Analyzer that has news specific to the instrument.

I've seen this feature in other platforms where the instrument has a "News" icon appear beside the Instrument name that indicated new news has been released.

If you have questions on this feature and what I have seen on other platforms, let me know. I can shoot you some screenshots.

Hi Chris Tippey,

This is currently available if your provider supplies News with an RSS feed. See this link, then the section:
    Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider

You can access News with File > New > News. Filters are available by instrument, content providers, and keywords. Additional help for this feature is here:
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Folks,

You make a GREAT platform, but it seems to me that the news area is the weakest part of the platform and could use some work. According to the list, you only support 4 real time news providers, which does not seem like broad support at all. In addition, there is no mention of commercial news services such as a Benzinga and free services such as Google and Yahoo are not supported.

It seem to me as though you need a second type of connection, similar to a broker connection to deal with news feeds. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, but I think if you let the community into the xml of translating the news feed, you would get a lot of volunteer and probably some commercial support.

Thanks for listening.
      Last edited by Chris Tippey; 07-06-2011, 05:22 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We only support news in RSS format. It's unfortunately not available with the IB feed. I've sent in a request for consideration in a future release. We appreciate your feedback and have assigned this feature request ID # 1106 in our tracking system.

Comment

Post clarified

I clarified the post below.

In summary, it seems that

1) You need a new type of connection for news feeds.

2) You need to allow programmers to write code to parse the various connections so that you can provide broad support for different news feeds. This includes commercial news feeds such as Benzinga and probably the Reuters news feed from IB to the RSS feeds from Google and Yahoo.

3) Since you support RSS feeds, you need to allow users to add and define the RSS feeds in the Tools|Options|RSS feeds. This goes along with suggestion #2, but is specific to RSS.

Again, thanks for listening

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions.

Comment

Rss

What is an RSS feed and how to I access them>

Is there a screener on NT that will ID swing moves in futures contracts of a certain length,leg dwn leg up un interrupted?
              tks

Comment

Hello laredo78676,

It is a web feed format to publish data, such as news headlines. The News window can receive RSS feeds to display information.

You can enable RSS feeds at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->RSS-tab. More information regarding the News window can be found at the link below.

We have Swing indicator available by default. You could also create your own indicator that will screen the conditions you like.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

im not gettign how I activate teh various sources once they are checked

Comment

They are loaded automatically in the News window. Do you display news items in the News window? When I currently test it on my end, I only see news items from DailyFX.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jclose
                    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    10 responses