Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot values as DataSeries

Hello,
    it has happened a couple of times that I needed to test an indicator who's author forgot to include public DataSeries properties for accessing displayed bars/lines/arrows/whatever values. These values can be seen in Databox easily, but cannot be accessed from NinjaScript - which is very frustrating!

I believe this assymetry should be resolved. It wouldn't compromise any proprietary code of indicators, yet allowed them to be used programmatically at the same time. Such an enhancement is also easy to make because NT already uses all the information.

Endif, this would be up to the code developers to decide how their code should be distributed and which usage it would offer - if you would like to see this changed on a certain set of studies I would suggest to contact the developers directly and voice your feedback so it could be considered for an update in the future.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I've tried that several times, but it's not an easy way - it takes time to provide a new indicator release.

I suggest that plot values are accessible by default - unless the developer sets some "DontAllowProgrammaticAccess" property. This would satisfy both worlds.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback, I'll be sure to forward to product management.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Traderontheroad  
        Started by firefoxforum12, Today, 08:53 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes