Official Windows Server 2008 and F# Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Windows Server 2008 and F# Support

I would like to request official support (tested and certified) for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This is a preferred platform for remote or headless machines vs Windows 7.

I would also like to request official support for F# (FSharp). Implementing multi-threaded and multi-core (parallel) programming techniques requires less code and is much easier in F# vs C#. From my limited research, it appears F# math performance is much better than C# and very close to C. F# is released under an opensource Apache 2.0 license.

I'm sure all of the above should "just work" according to NinjaTrader, but its a little disconcerting that something could break between NinjaTrader updates making all your hard work a waste of time.
    Last edited by Mr_You; 09-01-2011, 09:56 AM.

Hello Mr_You,

I will forward your suggestions to officially support Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and F# to our development team.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your suggestion has been added to our tracking system for possible future enhancements. It has been assigned to ID# 1241.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_You View Post
        I would like to request official support (tested and certified) for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This is a preferred platform for remote or headless machines vs Windows 7.

I would also like to request official support for F# (FSharp). Implementing multi-threaded and multi-core (parallel) programming techniques requires less code and is much easier in F# vs C#. From my limited research, it appears F# math performance is much better than C# and very close to C. F# is released under an opensource Apache 2.0 license.

I'm sure all of the above should "just work" according to NinjaTrader, but its a little disconcerting that something could break between NinjaTrader updates making all your hard work a waste of time.
        Hi,

I'm investigating running NT7 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Is this something you are doing?

If so, is it working acceptably for you?

Any insurmountable issues or problems?

Many thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses