Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds

Is there any way to permanently suppress the awful sound package in NinjaTrader?

Please make sound configurable as part of workplace configuration or something so the preferences can be saved.

Grasul, thanks for the feedback here - you can enable / disable specific sounds under Tools > Options > General in your Control Center, this would be persisted across session breaks.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sounds

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Grasul, thanks for the feedback here - you can enable / disable specific sounds under Tools > Options > General in your Control Center, this would be persisted across session breaks.
      Unfortunately, this is not true. When I uncheck all of those boxes, log off from NinjaTrader and relogon the boxes are all checked when the new session is established.

Comment

It should be persisted though, could any security software installed on the PC inhibit NT from saving those changes?

Comment

The other programs I use don't have difficulty with this type of thing, but of course that doesn't rule out the possibility.

I am just using the out of the box Windows Firewall for Windows 7 with no configuration changes and the free edition of AVG for anti-virus.

Comment

Grasul, if you contact me via Help > Mail to Support, I can review your trace / logs for any insight if file access errors are being seen.

Other than that I would advise to setup an exception for the NT working folder under Documents (Documents > NinjaTrader7) for the AVG software and then recheck.

Comment

Thanks very much for the help Bertrand.

Comment

Fixing my security package to allow NT to save the changes fixed my problem. Thanks Bertrand.

Comment

Glad to hear that, thanks for reporting back here.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasul View Post
                    Is there any way to permanently suppress the awful sound package in NinjaTrader?
                    Actually I appreciate the sounds, although the Voice strikes me as somewhat stern and cold. Those sounds would be better if their durations were about half of what they are now. The human ear is really good at picking up fast speech; these sounds are too slow. I've seen software to play sounds faster without changing the pitch. I'll have to look for that and re-record them. Or it might be amusing just to double the speed and pitch. I want them shorter.

I really like the "cha-ching" when the ATM strategy moves my stop. However, I wish I didn't have to hear it all the time. It's good to hear when auto-breakeven fires off, and maybe step 1 of auto-trail. But I really don't need to hear it on step 3 when I'm advancing my protective stop on every tick.

It would be nice to have a "play sound" checkbox next to the auto-breakeven setting and each auto-trail setting.

-A

Comment

i think it is sexy, but sexist for any female traders.

i just wish she would say "target filled" more than "stop filled"

Originally posted by anachronist View Post
                      Actually I appreciate the sounds, although the Voice strikes me as somewhat stern and cold. Those sounds would be better if their durations were about half of what they are now. The human ear is really good at picking up fast speech; these sounds are too slow. I've seen software to play sounds faster without changing the pitch. I'll have to look for that and re-record them. Or it might be amusing just to double the speed and pitch. I want them shorter.

I really like the "cha-ching" when the ATM strategy moves my stop. However, I wish I didn't have to hear it all the time. It's good to hear when auto-breakeven fires off, and maybe step 1 of auto-trail. But I really don't need to hear it on step 3 when I'm advancing my protective stop on every tick.

It would be nice to have a "play sound" checkbox next to the auto-breakeven setting and each auto-trail setting.

-A

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                        Well, any voice has to be some gender. Humans don't come in genderless format. The voice must be male, or female. Those are the choices. Nothing sexist about it. I'd rather hear a human voice of either gender than a synthetic robot voice.

Also, I have noticed, when working in a noisy environment, that a female voice cuts through the noise better than a male voice. This is probably due to the fact that ambient noises contain deeper tones and male voices tend to be nearer to those frequencies, whereas female voices have a higher pitch that is more easily heard over the noise. This is particularly true for the GPS in my car. It's easier to understand when I switch it to female.

Me too!
                        -A
                        Last edited by anachronist; 09-07-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anachronist View Post

-A
                          anachronist, thanks for sharing those ideas - we track them now under enhancement # 1254 in our system.
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post

Don't we all? In fact, I wish she would never say "stop filled". Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                              Don't we all? In fact, I wish she would never say "stop filled". Ever!
                              Well, you can always turn off that particular sound in the settings....

Actually I don't mind hearing that in certain instances, like when a non-exit target is reached and I go to a tight trailing stop. Then the stop getting filled is a good thing, because I'm getting out at a profit.

But hearing it soon after I enter a trade is depressing. The only thing that could make it worse is if she added a "ha ha" like the Nelson character on The Simpsons.
                              -A

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view