Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grasul View Post
    Is there any way to permanently suppress the awful sound package in NinjaTrader?

Please make sound configurable as part of workplace configuration or something so the preferences can be saved.
    Yes there is, go to Computer/C/Program Files or Program Files (x86)/NinjaTrader7/sounds--- and change what the file is called from Alert1 to Alert11. If you do that Ninja won’t be able to find the file. Then find a pleasant sound or a verbal message, save it as a wav file and call it Alert 1.
    You can also do this for the Announcement and Alert3—two other hideous sounds.

Comment

Sped-up NinjaTrader sounds (archive attached)

I have "fixed" the Ms. NinjaTrader Voice to my satisfaction.

Attached is an archive containing 3 folders.
      • default_sounds - an empty folder for backing up all the original *.wav files
      • fast - the Voice sounds increased 35% in speed without any change in pitch
      • girl - the Voice sounds increased 35% in both speed and pitch

Installation:
      1. Shut down NinjaTrader if it's running.
      2. Unpack the zip file to your "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\sounds" folder. Don't worry, it won't over-write anything. It just creates three subdirectories.
      3. Copy all your original sounds into the "default_sounds" folder created by the zip file.
      4. Copy all the sounds from the "fast" or "girl" folder to your NinjaTrader sounds folder above, over-writing the original sounds that you previously backed up.

Only the voice sounds and AutoBreakeven and AutoTrail are sped up. The rest are unchanged.

The "girl" voice sounded funny to me at first, but it turns out I like that one the best. It cuts through ambient noise nicely, too. I've been using it for a month now and I'm no longer irritated.

Enjoy.
      -A

(Obligatory legal notice: These sound files are "fair use" derivative works of the sounds supplied in NinjaTrader 7. I assume NinjaTrader's copyright of the original sounds also applies to these sounds.)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by anachronist; 10-04-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Try this link http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php if you want to create your own custom sounds in different voices and langauges. I use the different voices for each platform I'm running at the same time (i.e. IB, NT7, Amibroker, Bracket Trader, and a few others that support wav files). Hope you like it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888