Strategy analyzer as separate program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyzer as separate program

#1. If somebody asked me what I would love to have besides world peace, I would say Strategy analyzer as separate program, able to run independently from NinjaTrader.

Right now strategy analyzer is internal part of NinjaTrader and that makes a lot of stability and usability problems. For example running strategy analyzer is able to hang NinjaTrader. So backtesting/optimization process kills your trading. There are other cases like inability to open new chart during historical data retrieval and some others.

Strategy analyzer as independent program would make Ninjatrader weight less and will not be able to influence your charts and trading. Also Strategy analyzer could be built and used as optimized 64bit program, even you have to run NT as 32 bit program because of datafeed api, or whatever.

#2. there should be possibility to pause/save and load/resume backtesting or optimization jobs. Such possibility would allow us to continue our backtesting later, or using another, faster machine.

#3. there should be possibility to create/queue backtesting/optimization jobs. That would open possibilities to run batch backtesting jobs maybe using spare/remote unattended machines. Strategy analyzer would notify us via email upon job or queue completion.

#4. client/server Strategy analyzer model to split jobs between different machines would be fantastic thing and together with stable and solid backtesting would lift NT to completely different level.

Could I ask for tracking number on this request?

Thank you very much.

Thanks much for taking the time to submit those enhancement ideas to us, I'll be sure to forward to product management and also post shortly a tracking # for you.

Have a great day,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
    10 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses