Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Feedback] FXPro DOM

I have some feedback regarding the FxPro DOM

- The bright colors are very annoying. They should be user configurable or just use the same foreground/background colors as the normal DOM. Also whoever thought Dark Blue background with black colored text is OK should be fined at least one month's pay.

- The window cannot be resized? This is a really weird design decision. I have several large monitors all with very high resolutions. The FXPro window is tiny and I can't resize it. The text in the grid is very small and the columns don't resize properly. The Increase, Decrease and Cancel columns are so large the text in the other columns is shown only partially. Again very very annoying.

- Add a section which shows each position, so that if I am scaling into a position with multiple orders, I would like to see P/L of each entry and not just a cumulative total across the board.

- The 'Limit Price' text box is not user editable (talking about the limit price text box in the lower part of the Fxpro, next to order type, stop price and Qty). You have to use the up/down buttons to change the price. Again whoever thought this was a good design must go back to school and relearn user interface design.

Sorry if I am coming across as rude but after a week of using the Fxpro DOM I am just so annoyed by these stupid design flaws.

Hello traderji,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the FX Pro window, I will forward it to Development.

Unfortunately you cannot change the background color of the FX Pro window when trading live. This is designed as a safe guard so you always recognize when your live account is selected.

The Limit field can be used as follows. Please click your middle mouse button in the field and the price will be updated to the pric where the market trades. From there you can scroll or use the arrow buttons to select the desired price.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 09-26-2011, 02:28 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Unfortunately you cannot change the background color of the FX Pro window when trading live. This is designed as a safe guard so you always recognize when your live account is selected.

The Limit field can be used as follows. Please click your middle mouse button in the field and the price will be updated to the pric where the market trades. From there you can scroll or use the arrow buttons to select the desired price.

Hi Jason,

I am talking about the color in the Level II data. The rainbow colors are silly. Bright yellow, bright red, dark blue etc etc. It is really hard to actually read the prices that are going through the market. I just can't imagine what the devs were thinking there. It looks like a 11 year old's Myspace page.

The limit field should be user editable. In FX markets the price moves really fast and scrolling through the price tenth of a pip at a time is useless. What could possibly be the reason not to allow user to set the price using the num keys?

Thanks for forwarding to the Devs

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately, I am not really sure why such an approach was chosen for the Limit price.

Comment

Your suggestions have been added to our list of possible future enhancements. They have been assigned to the ID#'s below.

User configurable Level II rows

Resizable FX Pro window

Display multiple positions when scaling in

Editable Limit field (unfortunately this is a limitation of the grid component in NinjaTrader 7)

Thank you again for your feedback.

Comment

Cheers Jason. Look forward to seeing the changes in a future version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920